Booking an Excursion on home PC and paying by Credit Card

garyb(uk)

Hi,

I might have asked this before but as my excursions open up next Monday:

If I book my excursion from home using my credit card will I be able to have the charge transferred against my OBC's once I'm on board? If so how do I do this please?

The credit card is billed immediately; however, when you board, take your excursion tickets (which you will find in your suite waiting for you) to the excursion desk immediately. Tell them that you would like to use OBC to pay for them. The staff can then manually cancel and rebook them using OBC. I do this all the time. Occasionally you will get a grouchy staff person who doesn't want to be bothered, but I have not encountered this in recent years. I used to complain about the excursions desk staff, but they definitely have improved in the last 4-5 years.

No, you'll have to cancel the tours and then rebook (if available) using your OBC. It would be nice if we could pay for tours once we board (as other cruise lines do) but with Regent you have to pay when you book tours.

On our Alaska Cruise in May we were able to "rebook" using OBC without consideration of whether the excursion was still available. In fact the excursion in question was waitlisted.

On our Alaska Cruise in May we were able to "rebook" using OBC without consideration of whether the excursion was still available. In fact the excursion in question was waitlisted.

I certainly plan on trying it.

Fly Eagles Fly

we've done this a few times...we booked choice excursions we wanted and then, getting some OBC, "rebooked" them again. Easy. However, on one cruise, they destination desk could not credit the amount back to our credit card (some weird explanation I still don't understand) and we ended up getting cash back. Yes, cash. Odd, but it worked...:-)

we've done this a few times...we booked choice excursions we wanted and then, getting some OBC, "rebooked" them again. Easy. However, on one cruise, they destination desk could not credit the amount back to our credit card (some weird explanation I still don't understand) and we ended up getting cash back. Yes, cash. Odd, but it worked...:-)

In a way cash back is better. You get to keep your credit card

Points/miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Occasionally you will get a grouchy staff person who doesn't want to be bothered, but I have not encountered this in recent years. I used to complain about the excursions desk staff, but they definitely have improved in the last 4-5 years.

Glad someone else noticed this too - I used to complain about the DS staff on just about every cruise. I'd noticed it over the last 1.2 - 2 years that they were getting better...I guess slow improvement is better than no improvement! :cool:

We have always received cash back when cancelling an excursion - it isn't unusual.

Is that what's known as a "Tom Jones refund"?

It's not unusual when you ask for your refund.

It's not unusual to get cash for your refund.

But when I want to just get a credit card refund

It's not unusual to see me cry...I wanna die...

;p

Is that what's known as a "Tom Jones refund"?

It's not unusual when you ask for your refund.

It's not unusual to get cash for your refund.

But when I want to just get a credit card refund

It's not unusual to see me cry...I wanna die...

;p

Love it!:D:')