How Much is a Captain Morgan & Coke

thesmiths

Pretty much all I drink and was factoring in cost for our cruise next week on the Vista.

I see they don't have it for in room Beverage any more.

Why wouldn't they?

Ugh, I love Captain and Coke and was going to grab a bottle for the room, guess I'll have to switch to Jack. Not willing to pay full bar prices for small drinks full of ice for around $8 each. Figure I can get about 22 drinks when buying the liter of Jack from Fun Shops and bringing my own soda, costs around $105 vs upwards of $200 (est includes tip).

Ugh, I love Captain and Coke and was going to grab a bottle for the room, guess I'll have to switch to Jack. Not willing to pay full bar prices for small drinks full of ice for around $8 each. Figure I can get about 22 drinks when buying the liter of Jack from Fun Shops and bringing my own soda, costs around $105 vs upwards of $200 (est includes tip).

I'd say that is much smarter if you have a go-to drink like that.

Remember they now charge 15% for FunShop orders that are delivered to the room.

Thank you, good catch, forgot about that. But that's only about another $15, so I'm still saving around $75, plus I have a few extra cokes I don't need to buy from the bar as well (couple $'s each). If my wife does the same with her go-to drink then the savings is closer to $150, it adds up quick.

Funny , I just had Captain Morgan tonight at a restaurant near our home.

I purposely didn't spoil it with anything else in it but had soda on the side.

I think the all ships have it. The ones that have the Red Frog Pub have even more dark rums to try.

Bacardi Oakheart would be an option as well.

Thank you, good catch, forgot about that. But that's only about another $15, so I'm still saving around $75, plus I have a few extra cokes I don't need to buy from the bar as well (couple $'s each). If my wife does the same with her go-to drink then the savings is closer to $150, it adds up quick.
Another option would be to earn points through the AARP or Allstate programs, and buying Carnival gift cards at a 10% discount, saving 10% on your cruise as well as gratuities. With the 10% savings, you can then splurge and get Cheers, or do what you're doing.....