Dream Debarkation Timing in New Orleans

crunchymama

Does anyone know general timing for Dream debarkation in New Orleans? I've found a tour I'd like to take that meets at 11:30. Itinerary says we are in NOLA at 8 AM. I need to get to hotel to drop bags and then walk to tour meeting point near hotel.

Would I need to plan on self assisted? I don't have FTTF (sold out) or enough status for priority debarkation.

Thoughts?

Does anyone know general timing for Dream debarkation in New Orleans? I've found a tour I'd like to take that meets at 11:30. Itinerary says we are in NOLA at 8 AM. I need to get to hotel to drop bags and then walk to tour meeting point near hotel.

Would I need to plan on self assisted? I don't have FTTF (sold out) or enough status for priority debarkation.

Thoughts?

What month? New Orleans is impacted by weather.

You'll be off in plenty of time. We've gotten off the ship, taken a taxi to Metairie to pick up our car, and been unloading our luggage at home in Baton Rouge before noon more than once. No FTTF, no priority disembarkation, no self-assist. We've sailed in from NOLA in February, March, May, October, and November (various years).

Edited by mdsgu

Thoughts?

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I think you could make it to your tour by 11:30AM. How close is your hotel to the cruise port? What type of transfer to the hotel do you have? You might want to do self-assist to get off a little sooner. They usually like to have everyone off by around 10AM so they can get ready for the next cruise.

August not generally a foggy month, so the 6-8 hour trip up the river should be on time.....providing there aren't any ship or barge collisions to block the river..... or tropical storms/hurricanes to keep the ship out at sea. August is usually plenty hot.... 90's....with humidity in 90's also.