Guarantee Cabin results

doconner

I'm just off a short 3 day getaway on the Carnival Inspiration. I had booked the absolute cheapest, rock-bottom "guarantee inside cabin." I was thrilled when we were assigned a nice ocean view room with one of the extra large windows on the main Riviera deck. So nice!

This is awesome. I bet you enjoyed it!

Date: 6/25/16

Ship: Conquest

Class of Guarantee: balcony

Cabin Assigned: deck 6

Date Assigned: 79 days before sail date (booked interior 15 month prior to sail date. Received assignment 3 days after upgrading).

--------------------

Date: 6/25/16

Ship: Conquest

Class of Guarantee: interior with window

Cabin Assigned: deck 1

Date Assigned: 90 days before sail date (booked interior 12 months prior to sail date. Received assignment 18 days after upgrading).

Edited by nychad10

Sail Date: 4/20/16

Ship: Carnival Magic

Class of Guarantee: Balcony BL

Cabin Assigned: Deck 6XXX. Category 8B

Date Assigned: 22 days from sailing

We are pleased... We purchased at a great P&G rate, price was never lower, only increased for BL, and cat 8B went considerably higher at times. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ship: Carnival Troumph

Class of Gaurantee: Inside (2 cabins)

Cabin assigned: 4A

Date assigned: 27 days prior to sailing (booked Feb. 27) - sailing May 9

cabin #1: 3 people (2 twin/king, 1 upper)

Cabin #2 : 2 people (2twin/king)

• 4 weeks later...

A little off topic but worth noting:

Date: June 30, 2016 (Booked on Saturday April 2, 2016)

Ship: Victory

Class of Guarantee: IS

Upgrade email: Carnival email on Monday April 4 to upgrade for $10.00 more total (not $10 per day or per person).

Cabin Assigned/Selected: IS, Deck 7 (Empress), mid-ship, mid-deck.

Date Assigned/Selected: 2 days after booking.

Edited by sjcruiser

Date: 6/12/16

Ship: Dream

Class of Guarantee: Inside

Cabin Assigned: Deck 2

Date Assigned: 5/10/16

We have two rooms booked (an insid

Ah, for some reason the rest of my post was cut off...we have two rooms booked, an inside for my teens and a cove balcony for my wife and I. We gave up the kids inside right across the hall from our cove because we found a $200 cheaper fare (yay OBC!!!) by switching to a guarantee. The room they gave us ended up being just down the hall from our cove anyway so we are very happy that the gamble paid off!

10/4/1992

Yes, 1992... on the Ecstasy.

Our Honeymoon. We booked a 4 night Royal Carbibbean Cruise. Two weeks prior to our wedding, our travel agent offered us a 7 night Carnival for the same price. The only stipulation, we would not know the cabin. We booked that "Guarantee" (not knowing as it was our first) and we got M11 - Then Category 6 at the very front of the ship.

Well, that movement made me sick all week... but yet I was hooked on Cruising.

16 cruises later.. never booked a guarantee again!!

We will never forget M11!!

Catrin

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Date: 2016-09-25

Ship: Dream

Class of Guarantee: Balcony

Cabin Assigned: 62xx (even number) on the forward Port side so I can watch the Carnival Triumph pass by twice on the Mississippi River from the comfort of my balcony!

Date Assigned: (Booked on 2016-07-06, got room assignment 27 days after booking on 2016-08-02)

It's going to be a long walk to our assigned early dining and comedy shows. Isn't the Crimson Dining Room used for Your Time Dining?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe some of you who are talking about a "guarantee" room go through Carnival directly? I always use a TA, and once I book through them, even if it is 3 or more months out, they always give me a room number, so I can always look it up and see where it is on that deck/floor.

OK, I think I know what your talking about in regard to a 4A - 4H. It would be on a different deck, that helps out a lot as well.

We have taken over 15 cruises now and never booked a Guaranty X stateroom. We almost always get a balcony stateroom and have always carefully chosen our cabins. However, While checking out some prices of upcoming cruises out of Galveston, I noticed Royal Caribbean had a 7 nt sailing coming up in less than 30 days and they had a guar X available for $605, the lowest price for any other balcony stateroom was $1167. I quickly grabbed that guaranteed rate since was nearly 1/2 off. We would never have booked that cruise, but for that cheap rate, what the heck. I will take my chances. Any day of cruising is better than sitting around the house. Will let you know how it turns out. :)

• 2 weeks later...