[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:56 AM.
Victoria BC
8,184 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Aloha everyone.

Join the Island Hoppers for a 12 day cruise from the beautiful port city of Vancouver to;

Tuesday, Sep 14 Vancouver, BC, Canada 5pm

Wednesday, Sep 15 Fun Day At Sea

Thursday, Sep 16 Fun Day At Sea

Friday, Sep 17 Fun Day At Sea

Saturday, Sep 18 Fun Day At Sea

Sunday, Sep 19 Fun Day At Sea

Monday, Sep 20 Kona, HI 8:00am 6:00pm

Tuesday, Sep 21 Kauai (Nawiliwili),HI 8:00am 5:00

Wednesday, Sep 22 Hilo, HI 9:00am 6:00pm

Thursday, Sep 23 Maui (Kahului), HI 8:00am

Friday, Sep 24 Maui (Kahului), HI 6:00pm

Saturday, Sep 25 Honolulu, HI 8:00am

Sunday, Sep 26 Honolulu, HI 8:00am

Reduced Deposit $25 and OBC $200 per cabin
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sandy
"You're never too old to be young"

"To move, to breathe, to fly, to float; To gain all while you give; To roam the roads of lands remote; To travel is to live." - Hans Christian Andersen

P&O - 2 cruises
Princess - 2 cruises
NCL - 2 cruises
HAL - 1 cruise
RCCL - 1 cruise
Carnival - 17 cruises
Victoria BC Canada
825 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

May 2003 Holland Alaska Cruise
Jan 2006 Carnival Eastern Cruise
Feb 2007 Carnival Eastern Caribbean Cruise
Feb 2008 Carnival Southern Caribbean Cruise
Feb 2010 Carnival Dream B2B
Feb 2011 Carnival Miracle
Feb 2012 Carnival Miracle
MAY 2013 Carnival Splendor
Looking forward to Carnival Breeze Feb 2015

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
Victoria BC
8,184 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Originally posted by flippr5657
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I see you found me .

Still hoping there are more people who'd be interested in this cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sandy

"To move, to breathe, to fly, to float; To gain all while you give; To roam the roads of lands remote; To travel is to live." - Hans Christian Andersen

P&O - 2 cruises
Princess - 2 cruises
NCL - 2 cruises
HAL - 1 cruise
RCCL - 1 cruise
Carnival - 17 cruises
Saskatchewan
72 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Originally posted by Luckysll
Aloha everyone.

I am interested in organizing a group cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii on the Carnival Spirit in September 2010. Who else would like to come along?

Sandy

We're thinking of booking this, and I know at least one other couple who are looking at this as well. The four of us are going B2B, the run the Glacier Bay and then out to Hawaii.

If we can get a deal on the Hawaii run, we'd be interested in booking into your group!

Mike
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Triumph - Miami to Western Caribbean - Nov. 30, 2008

Cruisecritic group cruise: The Island Hoppers are Spiriting Away for a Hawaiian Lei - Carnival Spirit - Vancouver to Hawaii - Sept. 14, 2010

Chit Chat

Roll Call

The Island Hoppers Talk

UNOFFICIAL MEMBER OF THE WHALETAILCLUB.
Raymond Terrace Australia
2,981 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
We are the other couple that Mike is talking about. We are from Australia. Already booked the Alaska side. So a Cruise Critic group cruise for this side would be the icing on the cake.

Tracey

Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean 30th Nov & Eastern Caribbean 7th Dec 08
P&O Pacific Sun New Caledonia 5th Sept 09
Sun Princess Hawaii to Sydney 29th Sept 09
Carnival Spirit Glacier Bay 7th Sept 2010 Cruise Critic Group
Mainer in Florida
4,855 Posts
Joined May 2000
We did the Spirit Hawaii in 2004 and it was our best cruise ever. We'd really love to do it again. Next year I get an extra week of vacation and we're talking about doing another longer cruise. This one might interest us. Keep us posted.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mainer in Florida
4,855 Posts
Joined May 2000
We considered this cruise again a year or two ago and contacted Carnival about the itinerary. For us, the overnight in Kahului is far preferable to one day there and one in Lahaina (what they offered in the last few years). We wanted to try again to do the sunrise on Haleakala, but if the ship moved from Kahului to Lahaina, we'd have to book a hotel (not the end of the world). Kahului was awesome last time as the ship docked, rather than tendered and we were able to park our rental car at the pier. When I called Carnival, they said they had no plans to return to this itinerary. I hope it stays as posted - we will definitely look into it!
Victoria BC
8,184 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Here's the current itinerary from Carnival's website.

Sept. 14 - Vancouver - Depart 5 p.m.
Sept. 15 - At Sea
Sept. 16 - At Sea
Sept. 17 - At Sea
Sept. 18 - At Sea
Sept. 19 - At Sea
Sept. 20 - Kona - Arrive 8 a.m. Depart 6 p.m.
Sept. 21 - Kaui (Nawiliwili) - Arrive 8 a.m. Depart 5 p.m.
Sept. 22 - Hilo - Arrive 9 a.m. Depart 6 p.m.
Sept. 23 - Maui (Kahului) Arrive 8 a.m.
Sept. 24 - Maui (Kahului) Depart 6 p.m.
Sept. 25 - Honolulu Arrive 8 a.m.
Sept. 26 - Honolulu Depart 8 a.m.

I'm glad to see some interest in this group now that Carnival has the date available. So far, we have:

luckysll
mikey233
aussie2324
GottaLuvCruising

There is also one couple from my Alaska cruise this September that may be interested. We need at least 8 cabins to take this to the next step.

Who else would like to join us for this great cruise?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sandy

P&O - 2 cruises
Princess - 2 cruises
NCL - 2 cruises
HAL - 1 cruise
RCCL - 1 cruise
Carnival - 17 cruises
2,981 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
It is a shame we could not place an add. Although sice the prices came out you have snagged three more interested groups.It does not take long to get bumped to page two. I can not believe the amount of activity on this site. I am also on the P&O Aus and Sun Princess site. I don't think they know how to type. Talk about no enthusiasm I think I spelt that wrong.

Tracey
Victoria BC
8,184 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Tracey - the Carnival forums are pretty lively, and there are definitely some chatty people.

The roll call for the Panama Canal cruise I just did had over 20,000 posts and we're still posting on it, although not nearly as actively. I made some wonderful friends on that roll call/cruise and we are trying to arrange a reunion cruise for 2011. Can't imagine how big that roll call will get once it gets started.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sandy

P&O - 2 cruises
Princess - 2 cruises
NCL - 2 cruises
HAL - 1 cruise
RCCL - 1 cruise
Carnival - 17 cruises
2,981 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
I cancelled my P&O cruise To me Alaska and Hawaii are more important. Have not told hubby yet I have a feeling he is going to be p****d.Me I would rather sacrifice a 7 day medioca cruise for a 3 week amazing,fantastic, mind blowing cruise Just hope he see's it my way once he gets over his mini meltdown
Victoria BC
8,184 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Originally posted by aussie2324
I cancelled my P&O cruise To me Alaska and Hawaii are more important. Have not told hubby yet I have a feeling he is going to be p****d.Me I would rather sacrifice a 7 day medioca cruise for a 3 week amazing,fantastic, mind blowing cruise Just hope he see's it my way once he gets over his mini meltdown
Sorry to hear you cancelled your cruise, but I'm sure he'll enjoy the others.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sandy

P&O - 2 cruises
Princess - 2 cruises
NCL - 2 cruises
HAL - 1 cruise
RCCL - 1 cruise
Carnival - 17 cruises
2,981 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Thankyou Sandy, I know DH will enjoy the other cruises. He is just as big an addict as myself. Any way the South Pacific is on our doorstep. And who can turn down such a good deal for Alaska. Just hope we get as good a deal for Hawaii.So come on people. We are waiting for your participation.
Sonoma County, CA
116 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
I have been on this cruise and it is fantastic! We went last year with my parents. They liked it so much they leave from Honolulu next week for another crossing. We all liked it so much we are already booked for the 12 day Ensenada to Honolulu run in 4/11! Best ship, best crew, what more can I say but Alooooooooha!
Victoria BC
8,184 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Originally posted by aussie2324
It is very hard to communicate with a fifteen +/- time difference
Totally understand. My Panama Canal cruise roll call had a couple from Brisbane and they were always posting at times when no one else was, but it was always fun to log on in the morning and find something posted from them.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sandy

P&O - 2 cruises
Princess - 2 cruises
NCL - 2 cruises
HAL - 1 cruise
RCCL - 1 cruise
Carnival - 17 cruises
Toronto Canada
1,350 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
I did an group cruise from Esdenda (sp) to Hawaii on the Sprirt 2 years ago it was great.... 5 sea days then the Hawaiian islands.
Well worth it
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
ellie
Victoria BC
8,184 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Originally posted by Alanscruise
I have been on this cruise and it is fantastic! We went last year with my parents. They liked it so much they leave from Honolulu next week for another crossing. We all liked it so much we are already booked for the 12 day Ensenada to Honolulu run in 4/11! Best ship, best crew, what more can I say but Alooooooooha!
This cruise is definitely one I've been wanting to do for awhile now. Would also eventually like to do the one either to or from Ensenada.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sandy

P&O - 2 cruises
Princess - 2 cruises
NCL - 2 cruises
HAL - 1 cruise
RCCL - 1 cruise
Carnival - 17 cruises
Victoria BC
8,184 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Originally posted by Thamsey
I did an group cruise from Esdenda (sp) to Hawaii on the Sprirt 2 years ago it was great.... 5 sea days then the Hawaiian islands.
Well worth it
I didn't realize there had been a group cruise before. I think I might be getting more interest if I was proposing a group cruise leaving from either Hawaii or Ensenada, but Vancouver is closer for me, so that's why I wanted to do this trip.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sandy

P&O - 2 cruises
Princess - 2 cruises
NCL - 2 cruises
HAL - 1 cruise
RCCL - 1 cruise
Carnival - 17 cruises