status of cruise terminal

piratetoolate

You are very welcome.

Keith

Keep in mind even if they can quickly open the piers at any of these ports their will be bigger issues. One major one will be transportation. Many, many cars, taxis, buses have been underwater. It could take many months just to replaces these vehicles which transport people to and from the ship

I saw this in a NBC report:

"In a statement Sunday, the Dutch foreign ministry said the island had suffered “little inconvenience from wind and rain that can’t be tackled with repair and clean-up operations.”

It'll be interesting to see if there's any significant difference in how the Dutch and French approach cleanup and restoration of services.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"In a statement Sunday, the Dutch foreign ministry said the island had suffered “little inconvenience from wind and rain that can’t be tackled with repair and clean-up operations.”

It'll be interesting to see if there's any significant difference in how the Dutch and French approach cleanup and restoration of services.

This referred to Hurricane/storm Jose, said can concentrate on relief from Irma..

Here is some information:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8055

I did a google search and while the airport was destroyed I haven't read where there was destruction at the port but not 100% sure.

Keith

The terminal building is in bad shape. The airport is not destroyed:rolleyes:. Planes are landing and taking off.

I would expect the Dutch to be better and quicker with the flood repair and clean-up work. They are world leaders, having developed their systems and technologies to both prevent and repair flood damage because of the amount of land they have reclaimed from the North Sea, much of which is below sea level. Dutch engineers were deployed in England to resolve the problems (and clean up the mess) in Somerset after extensive flooding a couple of years ago.

There is much interest in NL to offer immediate and later aid. Here a couple of photos posted from RNLN ship Zeeland

Wat eerst de mooie verwelkoming op het eiland was als je je cruise schip verliet ziet er nu toch wat anders uit...

What was the first welcoming reception on the island as you lefy your cruise ship now looks somewhat different...

21430617_1725102904452670_3093000152388582482_n.jpg?oh=6f58303db1ce314465347a77544f591d&oe=5A1E8F05

Captions from above:

De bemanning heeft vervolgens diverse taken op zich genomen. Hier een overzicht van de ravage op het haventerrein. Voordat andere schepen kunnen afmeren en alles weer begaanbaar is moet er een hoop gebeuren, alle hulp is dan welkom!

The crew then took on various tasks. Here's an overview of the havoc on the port. Before other ships are able to dock and everything is [functional] again, a lot must happen, all help is welcome!

Ook het Amerikaanse LEDET team helpt mee, zo dragen we allemaal ons steentje bij.

The American LEDET team is also helping us, so we all play our part.

De botenloods van de kustwacht ligt er niet meer zo heel lekker bij...

The Coast Guard's boat shed isn't very comfortable anymore