Paranoid about fantasy class being Rocky.

I am looking at cruises to book. I’ve become paranoid that the fantasy class ships are going to be really rocky the entire trip. (Ecstasy, elation)

I have been on fantasy class once and it was really really sickening rocky.

Am I being crazy??

I’ve been on a couple cruises before but it’s been a few years, and now I’m thinking of all sorts of things to worry about. :rolleyes:

I am looking at cruises to book. I’ve become paranoid that the fantasy class ships are going to be really rocky the entire trip. (Ecstasy, elation)

Am I being crazy??

I’ve been on a couple cruises before but it’s been a few years, and now I’m thinking of all sorts of things to worry about. :rolleyes:

Definitely take your meds. Keep something on your stomach. There are a lot of posts with tips on preventing seasickness. You want to PREVENT it - once you get it it's rough to get over.

I'ma fellow sufferer and worrier. My Dad always says: honey, half the things you worry about never happen anyway!

So let's hope the rocky boat doesn't happen to you!

Yes, the weather is key. However, Fantasy-class ships are smaller and are, therefore, more likely to yield a rocky ride for passengers. If you are going to cross the Gulf of Mexico, always choose the biggest ship (Dream class) if you want to make the best effort at avoiding going green with seasickness.

I’ve been sea sick on fantasy class and on conquest class, so it can happen on any ship depending on the weather. I never leave home without my meclizine (brand names bonine or non-drowsy Dramamine) and it helps tremendously. I also usually (although not always) book cabins as close to the center of the ship as I can. No reason not to go on a fantasy class ship, just be prepared!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I being crazy??

Enjoy the rolling and swaying. Don’t look at it as a negative. Enjoy the fact you’re on a ship and embrace it. Being on the ocean is the best. That’s why we sail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done many cruises on various Fantasy class ships, and never ever had a problem. They were built in Helsinki, and are therefore a little 'narrower' across the beam than the Italian-built vessels (Conquest class onward); however, 'weather is the key.' As has been posted though, the larger the ship, the less likely you'll feel any ocean-motion.

I will say I did the inaugural trans-Atlantic on the Vista, and it was fairly rocky - because, well, it's the north Atlantic in winter...Again, it's the weather.