New York parking coupon for NCL GEM

tjzsm

Has anyone used this coupon in 2018?
It's been confirmed & re-confirmed here and on the East Coast forum, exclusive discount for the Gem has been discontinued since last summer @NYC - it is still a relative bargain, taxes included & no surcharge for SUV, minivans, pickup trucks & full size vans, etc. ... compared to NYC's commercial garage rates.

Parking discounts and coupons are no longer accepted (effective July 1, 2017).

Last March we arrived at the terminal just before 11 am and were surprised to find just two accessible spaces left. We got the next to last one, the car behind us got the last one.

If necessary we would have parked in a non-accessbile parking spot, but there weren't that many of them left either...the lot was pretty full at 11 am.

The Manhattan terminal web page says parking is provided "first come, first serve" basis. Do they ever turn people away?

I had noticed someone used the coupon the summer of 2017. Also someone posted they were trying to use it two months ago. I was wondering if they had success.

The coupon is NO longer valid. There was even a big sign on the booth to pay when we cruised a couple of months ago for people who did not see the post on the website.

Last March we arrived at the terminal just before 11 am and were surprised to find just two accessible spaces left. We got the next to last one, the car behind us got the last one.

If necessary we would have parked in a non-accessbile parking spot, but there weren't that many of them left either...the lot was pretty full at 11 am.

The Manhattan terminal web page says parking is provided "first come, first serve" basis. Do they ever turn people away?

Do they ever turn people away??

Yes, when the parking spots are all taken......

Sent from my SM-T820 using Forums mobile app

There is overflow parking at Pier 90 which is adjacent to Pier 88; not quite as convenient, but very close, not a problem.

Good to know, thanks.

We always play it safe and plan to arrive early anyway...mostly because we like to get on the ship as soon as possible. But I guess it helps with parking too.

• 1 month later...
I have a question on the shore excursion credit of $50/port. Do you have to spend that at each port, or can you save it all up for a $200 excursion at one port?

Has to be $50 for each port - not $200 for 1 excursion at one port!

I have a question on the shore excursion credit of $50/port. Do you have to spend that at each port, or can you save it all up for a $200 excursion at one port?
also, if you don't use the $50 in one of your ports.... it's lost