Britannia or Azura?🤔

alsa

Went on Britannia in May and want to book for next summer but not sure whether to do Britannia again or try Azura. Britannia was ok but disappointed with a few things and wondered if Azura was better? Opinions and views please 👍🏻

Hi...I think you will find that people will have different opinions on both of the ships...some will have a preference for Britannia and some will have a preference for the Azura.

What were you disappointed with on the Britannia so that we can have some idea if Azura would deal with your disappointments better.

We have just returned from a cruise on the Azura and for us it was wonderful....just loved everything about it. For our next cruise we did consider Britannia but the fact that the ship doesn't have a Promenade deck is a big negative for us. For us that is an important point ...we love to walk around the Promenade deck...which is under cover from "the elements". We love to be on the promenade at Sailaway...it feels so much in touch with the port that you are leaving more than being way up on top deck with everyone else.

Hi. We are used to Celebrity and Princess and just found the standard of Britannia wasn't up to theirs. The food was very average and the choice very limited, the staff didn't seem happy and the aft of the ship at the back of the buffet was dreadful, full of smokers, ash and generally scruffy. Such a shame as other cruise ships we have been on really make that area something special. There was nothing there at all to attract you to it. We were kind of hoping it is just Britannia and not P & O in general - as we like sailing from the UK and P&O have the largest choice of ships.

I've been on both ships and although the Brittania is newer and has more areas on the deck i.e. serenity deck. I thought the theatre and show lounges on Brittania were the same size as on the Azura but there were a lot more passengers, so we never managed to get a space to even stand, let alone sit in the show lounge (cant remember what its called). I also know what you mean about the smoking area on Brittania at the back of the ship - not the nicest of areas. Only went once and didn't go back.

The Azura has a nice feel to it and I like the Riviera Pool Deck at the stern of the ship. Much nicer than the smoking area on Brittania.

All in all I prefer Azura.

Hi, we have done Britannia and, though not Azura, have done her sister ship Ventura. We liked many of the elements on Ventura and if you are regulars on Princess you will find that many of Azura's sister ships are there too i.e. Crown Princess, Ruby Princess etc etc.

We liked the wrap round promenade deck on Ventura and the various select dining venues. It was a nice sized ship. On Azura I think I am right in saying that there is a large sea screen like the ships on Princess - neither Britannia nor Ventura have one of those.

Why not give Azura a go.

Hi...we have cruised both with Celebrity & Princess and yes they are both very good and maybe slightly "more upmarket" ...especially Celebrity.. but to be fair I think that may be reflected in the price you pay. Also we found the dress code on both those lines wasn't adhered to any many preferred to dress down in the evenings...Our experience on Azura was very enjoyable in all respects and apart from the IC in the Atrium on Princess ships ... which we really enjoy... was at least as good...if not better...than on Princess and we have cruised Princess many many times.

Azura & Ventura are both the same basic layout as the Grand class ships with Princess.

I'm on Britannia at the moment for the second time and was on Azura earlier in the year. IMO Azura is leading the way in the fleet at the moment for service delivery standards, quality and atmosphere.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi. We are used to Celebrity and Princess and just found the standard of Britannia wasn't up to theirs. The food was very average and the choice very limited, the staff didn't seem happy and the aft of the ship at the back of the buffet was dreadful, full of smokers, ash and generally scruffy. Such a shame as other cruise ships we have been on really make that area something special. There was nothing there at all to attract you to it. We were kind of hoping it is just Britannia and not P & O in general - as we like sailing from the UK and P&O have the largest choice of ships.

Don't think you will find much difference with the food on any of the ships. Been on both Azura and Britannia. The last time we were on Britannia the food in the main dining room was very good for dinner and breakfast but lunch in the buffet was very poor and little choice and think its similar on all P&O ships.

We've been on most of the ships in the fleet and going on the negatives you found with Britannia, I doubt you'd like Azura any better. We've done Celebrity and Princess too and IMO Britannia was head and shoulders above any of them and again a step up from Azura

We have been on Britannia and Azura and would say that my husband and my personal preferences are both for Azura but it is difficult to say why as we enjoyed our Britannia cruise and would go on her again. We have however met a lot of people who say that once on Britannia was more than enough. It really is a personal choice and so it is difficult to say which to go on.

Perhaps the answer is to book a cruise on each and decide for yourself which you prefer. ;)

Tend to agree with most I think, we have been on both and prefer Azura. It's difficult to say why though my manager says Britannia just dosen't flow like Azura. There's nothing wrong with Britannia and we wouldn't hesitate to go on her again. For me I missed the prom deck and lack of stairway midships, preferred the buffet layout though.