Ruby Princess Cabin thoughts.

You asked on this thread, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2634168

Where you got some info, and were referred to the Princess board, where you created this thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2634188

where you got some info. Now you have asked the same question here again?

Have you stayed on Lido deck? How did you find Lido Deck? Good points? Issues? We are tentatively booked interior L241. Am happy with the interior (L241) look at this stage.Thanks. On Ruby Princess.

If we were going to book an Inside Cabin, it would certainly be on Lido (Deck 15) ... so convenient to the pool and lots of other things. :)

L241 would be a great choice. (y)

I have sailed on the Ruby and Grand Princess with inside cabins on the Lido deck on both ships. Be aware that in November 2015 the Ruby had problems with cabins flooding on the Lido deck. Having a cabin flood is not a pleasant experience however the ships staff did a good job getting us a dry cabin. Last May we sailed on the Grand Princess for a second time which we prefer over the Ruby. Before we even boarded the ship our cabin for that cruise had flooded. Not much fun for the first day of the cruise. This is nothing against Princess these things happen but with the last two Princess cruises having cabins flooding issues we will be sailing on a different cruise line this coming August. I hope you have a dry sailing while on the Ruby.

Congratulations for sailing New Zealand. January in that part of the world is really nice. We did the New Zealand circle in 2010 and had fabulous weather. The flooding happened the cruise just before the late 2015 dry dock refurbishment. The toilet system was radically locking up causing cabins to flood at random. That problem should have gone away after the dry dock. I did hear that other cabins on deck 10 got flooded because the crew forgot to empty the pool before heading into rough waters the second night of the cruise. Here again I'm not knocking Princess because these things happen. The second day was just plain bad. We hit 99 mph winds the first night out of a 15 day cruise. This was unexpected so the crew didn't have time to drain the pool. By morning I took a shower and had to hold on to the hand railing in the bathroom which was a first. When I went down to breakfast there were people laying on the furniture with their heads covered with towels. It was then I realized we had a lot of sea sick people from the night before. As it turned out 25% of the people were sea sick including the wife. This also included the crew members who usually don't get sea sick. This was cruise 14 for us and the first time to have a cabin flood and a first for the wife to get sea sick. Even I want to do another NZ cruise in the future but we probably won't go on the Ruby. The Ruby is probably a good ship but I just won't be able to convince the wife that sailing on the Ruby again will be alright. I do think your cabin choice is good. Enjoy NZ and smooth sailing.