Steakhouse reservations the 1st night

10Jan54

Well I was always under the impression that the first night guest received a free bottle of wine with the meal at the steakhouse. I was just informed that that is not the case. I received a message from eventplanning.com stating that it is up to the ships discretion if wine is offered or not. Has anyone else heard of that? I want to make reservations but not if I don't get the wine.

My wife and I sailed on the Freedom Sept. 2016 and March 2017 and received a comp bottle on the first night each time, and we have reservations on the Dream this July and have confirmed dinner reservations for the first night with the confirmation email stating we would receive a free bottle of wine or 50% off a higher priced wine.

I have no idea who "eventplaning.com" is, but every time we did the steakhouse on the first night, yes we got a free bottle of wine. And we have already purchased that offer for our next cruise. Booked/purchased it ourself through the carnival website.

Well I was always under the impression that the first night guest received a free bottle of wine with the meal at the steakhouse. I was just informed that that is not the case. I received a message from eventplanning.com stating that it is up to the ships discretion if wine is offered or not. Has anyone else heard of that? I want to make reservations but not if I don't get the wine.

You do get it.

With the exception of the two cruises on the Triumph (because it doesn't have one) we have dined in the Steakhouse on the second night every cruise and been offered either a free bottle or 50% off a bottle of our choice.

I should share with you the free bottle is not particularly palatable. Don't make a steakhouse reservation for the free bottle. Make a reservation to dine and take advantage of the 50% offer.

With the exception of the two cruises on the Triumph (because it doesn't have one) we have dined in the Steakhouse on the second night every cruise and been offered either a free bottle or 50% off a bottle of our choice.

I should share with you the free bottle is not particularly palatable. Don't make a steakhouse reservation for the free bottle. Make a reservation to dine and take advantage of the 50% offer.

I completely agree. The 50% off is a much better offer. On our last Dream cruise we were informed you could order two bottles, each 50% off, and they would hold it for you or you could take one back to your stateroom. We drank one and took the other back to the stateroom but ended up using it three nights later when we returned to the steakhouse.

The complementary bottles are not very good at all.

Take care,

Mike

for the event planner info I had gone to the FAXs, Specialty Resturants/dining reservation information. Then it gives you eventplanner@carnival.com Where can you make the reservations yourself on the website? I also had the question about if each cabin was entitled to the free bottle if you have a group table? Thanks everyone!

We will be on the Breeze July 16, 2017 . I received our confirmation for the steakhouse and was informed we will have a complimentary bottle of wine since our reservation is for the first night of the cruise.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

I just made our Steakhouse reservation for the first night of sailing on the Sunshine in Dec. I received a confirmation today with the note we will receive a free bottle of wine (they have a few choices), or 50% a bottle of wine from the wine list. We have experienced this on every ship that has a Steakhouse over the past several years. Last time on the Conquest, we even received another free bottle on the second night we ate in the Steakhouse.