Status Match Time

Scooters

I applied for the MSC Status Match almost 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

How long does it normally take? I'm not in a critical rush, but want to make sure that I don't get lost somewhere in the process.

What is the best way to "nudge" MSC if needed?

Thanks!

I found out within a day of submitting the request (Carnival Gold --> MSC Silver). I didn't actually receive any correspondence. I had created an on-line account prior to requesting the status match and I went into the account to see if there was anything there the day after sending it in (I'm NOT a patient person) and saw that I had a Voyager # and I was Silver!

See below.

There was another thread that addressed the MSC status match. Unfortunately I do not know how to copy the thread over to here but I was able to copy my reply below. Once I submitted the screenshot via email I received my reply & new status for MSC the next day. Hope this helps.

The name of the other thread is Status Match Question on the MSC Cruises Forum

"Thank you all for the information. I received an email from MSC yesterday stating they needed a better screenshot of my RCCL status (I am a Diamond). I sent then a new screenshot & today I received an email from MSC stating they have matched me & made both myself & my girlfriend a Black Status membership & since we have not paid in full for the July 2019 cruise they went ahead & applied the 5% discount of what will be due for next year. That is great news! If I had not come across this thread I would have not known. Again, thanks all for the information "

Originally posted by Dthorne1 I used Google Chrome as my browser. I logged into RCCL and took a picture of the homepage where it says your name and C&A status. Saved that as a small jpeg, and it went through.

Honestly, using facebook was much easier. I just sent the same picture through a direct message on their page and it took about a week, but they came through for me. Gave my wife and I both Black Cards, and $100usd on board credit each.

I applied for the MSC Status Match almost 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

How long does it normally take? I'm not in a critical rush, but want to make sure that I don't get lost somewhere in the process.

Thanks!

Mine appeared about two weeks after I applied. I did not get any specific notification that it was there, it just appeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I called today and got my number. Carnival Gold= MSC Silver. Also got them to add the $50 Onboard Credit.

I'm not going to do the one for my wife for a few more cruises. Once we get a few more Carnival credits, we may move up a card color on both systems. We should both get the same benefit anyway on my card for now.

Thanks everyone!!

I just spoke to MSC Reservations and said I wished to book a cruise but needed the Loyalty Match prior to making the reservation. The guy took all my details and asked me to email a copy of my Celebrity Status and said he would deal with it and rang me back the same day with my Voyager No.

Thanks!

How does this "match" thing work...I would be turning Platinum on Carnival this year if I go

Anybody know how they convert the hotel programs? Marriott Gold for example. Is a scan of the card the only acceptable proof. (I don't think Marriott even sends cards anymore). If I am in YC does whatever status match I get actually do anything useful? Can I then build from there so if they start me at gold I progress from that point?

Anybody know how they convert the hotel programs? Marriott Gold for example. Is a scan of the card the only acceptable proof. (I don't think Marriott even sends cards anymore). If I am in YC does whatever status match I get actually do anything useful? Can I then build from there so if they start me at gold I progress from that point?

Yes gives you a minimum 5% discount.