First cruise on RC coming up (Vision of the Seas)

Just a couple of questions.....

I've opted not to pre-pay my gratuities, but we do have the drinks package. So what should I be tipping for say....a couple of drinks. What about cabin stewards for a 12 day cruise?

Second question. Having lost my Ray Bans on my last holiday, I need some more. Can anyone give me an idea of prices, compared to what I'd pay in the UK. From my cruises on P&O, I know the ships are not always the cheapest.

Thanks in advance.

Even though gratuities have not been prepaid a daily amount will automatically added to your seapass card that will cover dining and housekeeping. If you feel you want to give more on top of that it is at your discretion and certainly not required.

If you have the drink package you have paid gratuities for your drinks and nothing else is required, again any extra is at your discretion.

Even though gratuities have not been prepaid a daily amount will automatically added to your seapass card that will cover dining and housekeeping. If you feel you want to give more on top of that it is at your discretion and certainly not required.

If you have the drink package you have paid gratuities for your drinks and nothing else is required, again any extra is at your discretion.

That's interesting Ken. I didn't know that my drinks tips were prepaid OR that there was still tips going to be added for other services. I assumed none would be added.

Thanks for the help! (y)(y)(y)

If you don't prepay tips, they are added to your account on a daily basis....and they cover your cabin attendant, waiters, ass't waiters and head waiter.

If you got a "free" drink package or purchases one, the tips for drinks are covered.

No additional tipping is needed. You are free to tip more (traditionally done on the last evening), if you feel the need.

When you buy (or they give you a free) drinks package the 18% tip is included in the price you pay upfront. No need to tip any extra.

However the tips for the cabin steward and your wait staff and housekeeping are totally separate - as everyone utilises the services of these. This makes sense if you think about it as some people would go the whole cruise without buying a drink so why make them pay tips for a service they don't use!

If you have not prepaid then $14.50pppd is added automatically to your on board account.

Personally I always prepay them, I few them as an inclusive cost of the cruise fare, and then I have nothing to worry about or pay for when on board.

Enjoy Vision - she is a lovely little ship! Especially if Captain Marek is on board. They crew seem very happy and don't miss the selection of food on offer in the Solarium.

No idea about RayBans but there is a shop on board with a selection of sunnies in. Make sure you know the price and model you want before you go. They may also be cheaper at the airport?

Remember, the $14.50 per day goes to a lot of different people....your room steward, your dining staff, the buffet staff, etc. There are a lot of people who make your vacation special that you don't see. Some people try to just tip the ones they see by removing auto tips. But then the behind the scenes people are cheated.

Any reason you opted to not pay your gratuities up front...makes it a lot easier. Also know the exact model of Ray Bans you want and try ordering them on line.....Another brand that's very popular here in the US is "Raw Wood Shades" sunglasses...google their website...they look very much like Ray Ban style and a great alternative, light and made of real wood....very popular with my 30 year old family members...very cool :cool:

even though gratuities have not been prepaid a daily amount will automatically added to your seapass card that will cover dining and housekeeping. If you feel you want to give more on top of that it is at your discretion and certainly not required.