Med Cruise....

Robin1961

Need some advice.....

When & where some I get some Euro's?

Before we fly/ when we get to Barcelona/ or on the ship?

We fly end of October, last Med cruise/ them Transatlantic home.

Thanks in advance

Robin

Least expensive is to get out of an actual bank machine using your debit card once in Europe. My bank doesn’t charge a fee so it’s just a straight exchange. Some atms charge a couple euro fee per withdrawal.

Most expensive is to exchange on the ship. They offer the service as a courtesy but charge handsomely for it.

If you’re uncomfortable arriving without local currency, check with your bank. My bank offered, “free” exchange but the rate was terrible. Just checked and going rate today is $1.14 which is really good.

Your local Travel X store might be the best bet if you want to arrive with euro in hand. They do have a fee but it was much less $ than my bank. I had to budget a little time waiting in line just because we only have one Travel x store in my city so about a half hour wait. They’ll also buy back what you don’t use at a better rate than the airports.

Thank you for the quick response

Robin

Least expensive is to get out of an actual bank machine using your debit card once in Europe. My bank doesn’t charge a fee so it’s just a straight exchange. Some atms charge a couple euro fee per withdrawal.

Most expensive is to exchange on the ship. They offer the service as a courtesy but charge handsomely for it.

If you’re uncomfortable arriving without local currency, check with your bank. My bank offered, “free” exchange but the rate was terrible. Just checked and going rate today is $1.14 which is really good.

Your local Travel X store might be the best bet if you want to arrive with euro in hand. They do have a fee but it was much less $ than my bank. I had to budget a little time waiting in line just because we only have one Travel x store in my city so about a half hour wait. They’ll also buy back what you don’t use at a better rate than the airports.

Need some advice.....

When & where some I get some Euro's?

Before we fly/ when we get to Barcelona/ or on the ship?

We fly end of October, last Med cruise/ them Transatlantic home.

Thanks in advance

Robin

You will get the best exchange rate at an ATM before getting on the ship, but NOT at the airport.

I review a map of my arrival airport and look for bank ATMs. I take a smaller amount from there and then find one later in the city, as needed. Your best rate is bank ATM but you need to weigh the fee charged by your bank (many banks have fees).

Sent from my iPad using Forums