Carnival emails with travel agent

Funinthesun48

Our first cruise we booked straight through carnival and we would get emails all the time. This time i went through a travel agent and i have not received an email since i booked. My travel agent said i should still be getting them and it must be an issue in my settings. I checked my settings and everything looks good. I called carnival and they said its because i went through a travel agent? Has anyone had experience with this? I'm worried i wont know when i get cheaper upgrades as the trip gets closer.

We rarely get emails or snail mails from Carnival even though my account setting indicate that I want that communication. It's been that way for quite some time even though we've booked both through a TA as well as a PVP. FYI, on your upgrade concern, if you've booked through a TA, Carnival will contact the TA with any upgrade/upsell offer and the TA will then need to contact you.

Edited by joepeka

Thank you guys. The travel agent did not save me any money and is starting to make some things difficult. I think i'll just book straight through carnival next time.

I'm pretty sure you can transfer your current booking from the TA to a Carnival PVP if you're unhappy with this TA. Just something to consider.

I have checked my spam folder frequently, and nothing. I had asked carnival what to do in order to switch from my travel agent to carnival and they told me to take it up with the travel agent. I might just have to ride this one out and learn my lesson for next time.

I'm pretty sure you can transfer your current booking from the TA to a Carnival PVP if you're unhappy with this TA. Just something to consider.

If a TA wasn't giving me a substantial amount of OBC or something for using them then there's no reason I'd keep them around. I'd drop them and use a PVP directly. That way I have full control over my booking and can deal with Carnival.

Thank you guys. The travel agent did not save me any money and is starting to make some things difficult. I think i'll just book straight through carnival next time.

The TA would have to agree to give up the booking, if it’s even still in the timeframe where transfers are allowed.

Most TA aren’t willing to just give up a commission, especially if they haven’t done anything wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk