How do Latitudes perks work on extended cruise?

phissy

We are booked on extended Australian cruise next year.

When we booked, it looked like only option was SYD to HKG. I think it was a cabin that had been cancelled so, that is what they offered.

In doing research,we now know that this is an extended cruise, meaning some are sailing SYD to Singapore. Some are sailing Singapore to Hong Kong. Some are taking segment from Hong Kong to Tokyo, a few are going all the way from SYD to Tokyo .

We are wondering if Platinum perks will be for each segment or only once. It would be nice to get laundry more than once for a 30 day cruise :o.

Do any of you have experience with this?

Can not answer for 30 day cruise. We have been on two week cruises and the Plat perks were the same as a 7 day cruise.

I am thinking if you booked any of those segments as a separate cruise, their "system" might generate some of the perks as if you were just boarding new. Just a wild a$$ guess.

If you booked it as just one cruise then you should just get the perks once. If you booked it as a number of separate cruises then they will all be treated individually and you will get the perks for each leg. The key is how many booking references you have.

Having said that, we did a two week cruise, booked as just one cruise which was also sold as two separate 7 day cruises. We got the perks again the second week even though we shouldn't have.

So you never know.

When we booked, it looked like only option was SYD to HKG. I think it was a cabin that had been cancelled so, that is what they offered.

In doing research,we now know that this is an extended cruise, meaning some are sailing SYD to Singapore. Some are sailing Singapore to Hong Kong. Some are taking segment from Hong Kong to Tokyo, a few are going all the way from SYD to Tokyo .

We are wondering if Platinum perks will be for each segment or only once. It would be nice to get laundry more than once for a 30 day cruise :o.

Platinum perks are given by segments. You may have only ONE booking for a 30 day sailing instead of say a b2b2b as long as this how the sailings are split the perks are allocated for each segment. No worries

The cruise next manager goes by the list of Latitude members and their respective levels at the BEGINNING of each segment and allocate the perks accordingly.

gerry

Platinum perks are given by segments. You may have only ONE booking for a 30 day sailing instead of say a b2b2b as long as this how the sailings are split the perks are allocated for each segment. No worries

The cruise next manager goes by the list of Latitude members and their respective levels at the BEGINNING of each segment and allocate the perks accordingly.

gerry

I was going to say the same thing, Gerry. (y)

gerry

I hope you are correct. I've been told that if 2 cruises are booked under one reservation number get the perks once. I have a 10 glacier bay and 15 day panama canal. I'm hoping for laundry perk each segment:D

gerry

Thanks so much, Gerry. This does make sense, as such a long cruise should have additional perks ( and considering the cost :eek:)

We booked as a single cruise a 28 day cruise that was actually a 16 day and a 12 day. We received another set of Platinum perks after the first segment just as if we'd booked it as two cruises.

If both of you are Platinum you will each get a laundry special each segment.

Thanks for the additional info.

This helps a lot . I cannot look up this cruise on NCL as it has been sold out for a year. ( got info from our Roll Call) It was a lucky fluke that I happened to look on that one day. We will be Platinum plus after this cruise. :cool:

I hope you are correct. I've been told that if 2 cruises are booked under one reservation number get the perks once. I have a 10 glacier bay and 15 day panama canal. I'm hoping for laundry perk each segment:D

Our experience of B2B on NCL last Christmas and New Year from Barcelona was that we had 1 booking reference for both Cruises however we received our perks on each cruise. In fact we went from Silver to Gold on the first cruise and the future cruise guy honoured that and gave us gold perks on the second cruise.

I don't dispute any of the reports here, and as stated that was my experience as well.

However, it is not, as far as I am aware the official policy. In fact, if you take the report above regarding moving up a tier between segments, the T&Cs specifically state this shouldn't happen.

Whilst it is not unusual as all for the perks to be given on each leg, I believe that this is mainly done as a decision onboard to make things easier (i.e. All cabins get the perks rather than having to miss some out) rather than it being the policy. There have been many reports of people not getting the perks on each segment. If it were me I would be hopeful of not getting them, but be prepared if it doesn't happen.

Thanks for the additional info.

This helps a lot . I cannot look up this cruise on NCL as it has been sold out for a year. ( got info from our Roll Call) It was a lucky fluke that I happened to look on that one day. We will be Platinum plus after this cruise. :cool:

Look at your own 'My NCL' on the website.

It should show your reservation there and so you can see whether it is one long cruise, one reservation number, or a b2b, two reservation numbers (one for each cruise).

Hope this helps. :)

. It would be nice to get laundry more than once for a 30 day cruise :o.

We have always had additional Latitudes perks for each segment of a b2b cruise. The other thing to remember about the laundry perk: If there are two of you at Platinum level, you each get one full bag of laundry free. We share a bag each time, and thus get two free laundries for each segment of the cruise.

No that I am thinking more about this.....do we get additional perks for next segment ? Thinking of Platinum dinners , sparkling wine etc. This would be great... Also, do additional Free at Sea attach to second segment? Do we get 4 more dinners for UDP? thanks for any help

No that I am thinking more about this.....do we get additional perks for next segment ? Thinking of Platinum dinners , sparkling wine etc. This would be great... Also, do additional Free at Sea attach to second segment? Do we get 4 more dinners for UDP? thanks for any help

SDP - this is per cruise booked so you should get this just once. I have never heard of people getting this more than once. I'd be very surprised if you do.

Other platinum perks - its my understanding that people above have been talking about all the perks, not just laundry. I certainly was. You should just get the one, but my experience was that we got them all again, and from the other comments above it seems this is quite common. Just don't rely on it.

We once moved up between segments but it wasn't automatic. We went to speak to the latitudes desk and he got the card changed for us and gave us the extra perks onboard but the system didn't update for a couple of weeks. We've got a b2b later in the year and booked it as 2 so that we'd get perks twice and it allowed me to get my 3 free meals booked online for both.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

However, it is not, as far as I am aware the official policy. In fact, if you take the report above regarding moving up a tier between segments, the T&Cs specifically state this shouldn't happen.

I'm not sure what you say is true when it comes to the awarding of Latitudes "points". I believe the official policy does state regarding the awarding of points earned is that the points accrued during a cruise are awarded at the "end" of the cruise. You can't switch from Gold to Platinum during a leg just because the sufficient points were accrued on day two. Because it takes a couple weeks for the new status to update in the system, the only way for B2Bers to get the new status on the next leg is to go to the Latitudes desk and have this verified and awarded manually. What's not spelled out is what is to be considered the "end" of the cruise. Those who booked seperate legs b2b are certainly entitled to the new status immediately upon completion of the current leg according to the policy. And there is plenty of anecdotal evidence that this is unofficial policy.

But because B2Bs are not specifically addressed in the Latitudes policy, it's less clear how those who chose a 14 day booking option vs two 7 day ones is handled. The unofficial policy anecdotally seems to be that they will not penalize the 14 day booking while simultaneously awarding new Latitudes perks on day 8 to those who chose the two 7 day options instead.

I myself have been strongly encouraged by NCL PCP to go for the 14 day option when the seperate bookings were also offered. Probably much easier for the PCP. I would be really ticked if I thought NCL steered me to a 14 day booking instead, just so they could shortchange me on perks during the 2nd leg. If the booking option exists for seperate legs, then the perks should be awarded for each leg, and they really should correct the official policy to reflect what the "unofficial" policy apparently is.

I'm not sure what you say is true when it comes to the awarding of Latitudes "points".

Actually, this is the one point where we can be quite sure of what the official policy is.

This is from the F&Qs for the new scheme:

"If I change tier level during a back to back cruise, will I receive the benefits for our next tier?

If your back to back sailing was booked as two different reservations, and you graduate a tier after your first cruise, you will receive the benefits of your new tier on your second cruise. If your sailing was booked as one reservation, you will not receive the new tier benefits on your current cruise. You will receive benefits for your new tier on your next cruise."

So, in the example that I was responding to earlier, they shouldn't have been upgraded between legs as it was booked as one reservation. They got a bonus, which I believe is also the case for those of us who have received the benefits on the different segments. The actual policy for getting the benefits doesn't appear to be stated, but my understanding has always been that it follows the same rules, even though that is often not actually followed.

Actually, this is the one point where we can be quite sure of what the official policy is.

This is from the F&Qs for the new scheme:

"If I change tier level during a back to back cruise, will I receive the benefits for our next tier?

If your back to back sailing was booked as two different reservations, and you graduate a tier after your first cruise, you will receive the benefits of your new tier on your second cruise. If your sailing was booked as one reservation, you will not receive the new tier benefits on your current cruise. You will receive benefits for your new tier on your next cruise."

So, in the example that I was responding to earlier, they shouldn't have been upgraded between legs as it was booked as one reservation. They got a bonus, which I believe is also the case for those of us who have received the benefits on the different segments. The actual policy for getting the benefits doesn't appear to be stated, but my understanding has always been that it follows the same rules, even though that is often not actually followed.

Thanks, either that part of the FAQs is new, or I had forgotten it. Anecdotally, it would appear that the policy is not followed to the letter, rather points and perks are awarded for each segment by the Latitudes desk regardless of the mechanism for booking, whether two 7 day cruises or one 14 day.

If the only booking option is a 14 day cruise, then it goes without saying, the policy is the policy. But, apparently, when writing the "official" policy, NCL has not taken into consideration the fact that they often offer several options of either combining legs under one booking number or booking two or more seperate cruises. For our upcoming cruise, the options range from booking seperate 11, 12 and 17 day cruises to booking one 40 night cruise, and other variations within that. We have 12 and 17 night legs booked, others on our cruise booked the same two legs as a 29 night. If "policy" is applied, those who booked the 29 night get no refreshed perks as of day 13, while we will enjoy two more bags of laundry and two more Platinum meals. I doubt many people are thinking about the awarding of Latitudes points and perks as it relates to how they book the cruise. If I call up and say I want to book two legs b2b, and the PCP tells me the best and easiest way to book is to book the 29 day option, and I take him at his word, not realizing I have just relinquished two bags of free laundry and two specialty meals, I am going to be most ticked at NCL. It seems that this inequity is recognized by Latitudes when the option for booking seperate legs exists, at least in practice.