Best options for hot chocolate

CaribbeanIsland

I have a Northern European cruise booked that will be approx 2 weeks. I do not drink soda and also do not drink coffee/coffee drinks. I do like hot chocolate. I wouldn't drink it on a Caribbean cruise but would in Europe. Is hot chocolate still free in the dining room for breakfast? In the buffet? It wouldn't make sense to purchase a soda card but am trying to decide if it is worth purchasing a coffee card even if it would only be used for hot chocolate at dinner or on sea days. Or just purchase it each time? Does anyone know how much it would cost to purchase it with dinner? At most I would only use it 2x a day. If it is still free for breakfast - then it would be just one additional time per day.

All the hot chocolate being served on the ships that I am aware of is the instant "from a package" stuff. This is definitely available at no charge in the beverage area of the buffet at breakfast; I've never tried to get it elsewhere at breakfast. Frankly, if you have a favorite brand of the powdered mix, bring it along. You can always get a cup of hot water, and if you want it a little richer, add a serving of coffee creamer. And that package of 10 envelopes will probably cost you $3 in your local grocery store.

The price listed in the IC was $1.50 per cup. Supposedly they will make it with milk if you request that. All other locations make it with water.

This is definitely available at no charge in the beverage area of the buffet at breakfast. I've seen hot chocolate in the buffet on the Pacific Princess. No other ships. Haven't been on the Regal/Royal.

And that package of 10 envelopes will probably cost you $3 in your local grocery store. Excellent idea.

The price listed in the IC was $1.50 per cup. Supposedly they will make it with milk if you request that. All other locations make it with water.

OP - a coffee card has 15 punches. If you don't plan on using the punches (hot chocolate is "free" with the card)' date=' calculate the cost of the card (approx. $35) X the # of hot chocolates you'd drink on your cruise. 10 day cruise, 1 hot chocolate a day = $15. A losing proposition, bring your own, unless you'll be on the Regal or Royal. Or plan on breakfast in the MDR every day.[/font']

I was on the Caribbean Princess in January and had a coffee card. We had Hot chocolate at the IC all the time with no punches. It was excellent. My cousin had it in the DR at dinner time it was free of charge. He didn’t have a coffee card.

Tony