Moderno reservation on the Pearl?

Shellbelle28

I tried to book an advance dinner reservation online for the Pearl (9/16 sailing and I have 7 specialty dining nights prepaid). The shopping cart was coming up with a chargeable amount for Moderno. So, I figured OK, I'm in a suite, I'll just email the pre-concierge and have them do it.

I got a response back today saying all of my Cagney's reservations were set up but that Moderno has to be booked once on board.

Has anyone else encountered this? What's different about Moderno?

They are talking nonsense. We have booked Moderno many times with the dining package with no charge at the time.

I don’t know what to advise you though. You should be able to book without an upfront charge. I don’t know why you can’t, and the people you speak to probably don’t really know what they are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I booked a Moderno the other day on line. It does show that I will be charged the normal price for it even though I have the dining bennies for that cruise. However, when you present your voucher or UDP card when you dine, at the end your bill has a zero amount charged to it. I've done that before and that is how it worked.

Don’t fret about not booking Moderno. Consider it a bullet dodged.

I know food is subjective but Moderno’s method of service and quality of offerings, with the exception of the salad bar, isn’t worth worrying about missing.

I tried to book an advance dinner reservation online for the Pearl (9/16 sailing and I have 7 specialty dining nights prepaid). The shopping cart was coming up with a chargeable amount for Moderno. So, I figured OK, I'm in a suite, I'll just email the pre-concierge and have them do it.

I got a response back today saying all of my Cagney's reservations were set up but that Moderno has to be booked once on board.

Has anyone else encountered this? What's different about Moderno?

And the goofy thing is, I just looked at the dining confirmation and Moderno IS reserved, and for the exact time I asked for. Maybe the person was having a "moment."

And the goofy thing is, I just looked at the dining confirmation and Moderno IS reserved, and for the exact time I asked for. Maybe the person was having a "moment."

The default response when people speak to

NCL staff about reservations, whether SDP or platinum, seems to be that it can’t be done online.

It is always nonsense.

The default response when people speak to

NCL staff about reservations, whether SDP or platinum, seems to be that it can’t be done online.

It is always nonsense.

I can only guess that after they sent that response, someone else figured it out or set them straight because I got one confirmation that was missing Moderno, then a second one about 30 minutes later that did have it. And my online summary includes it as well.

I know food is subjective but Moderno’s method of service and quality of offerings, with the exception of the salad bar, isn’t worth worrying about missing.

I wouldn't want to do it more than once during a sailing, but we thought it was kind of fun.

Others share your opinion but we have eaten in Brazilian streak restaurants on land as well and Modernos is very similar. You can ask for more but I imagine most do not, as there are so many samples.

OP, I am sure if you go to the reservations desk or room as soon as you arrive on the ship you can book Modernos. On the other hand we have booked Modernos, just like other restaurants on line. We do, usually wait until we board but we have done it both ways.

Others share your opinion but we have eaten in Brazilian streak restaurants on land as well and Modernos is very similar. You can ask for more but I imagine most do not, as there are so many samples.

OP, I am sure if you go to the reservations desk or room as soon as you arrive on the ship you can book Modernos. On the other hand we have booked Modernos, just like other restaurants on line. We do, usually wait until we board but we have done it both ways.

I can only guess that after they sent that response, someone else figured it out or set them straight because I got one confirmation that was missing Moderno, then a second one about 30 minutes later that did have it. And my online summary includes it as well.

I had a similar situation. I had 8 dinners (4 from perk and 4 paid for) and booked 3 Teppanyaki and 5 Cagney's. I called NCL to change the time on one Teppanyaki and they said it could only be done if I paid the $71.88 for two people. Even after them seeing I had 8 dinners available, I got so many different answers that I went ahead and let them charge me. I sent an email to corporate and received a call back on Tuesday and they fixed my issue and I told them that this particular item was an issue, as well as some of the dates of the cruise didn't even come up to be able to reserve a dinner. The gentleman I spoke with said he would pass along the issues to the proper department.