Adding a passenger to my booking

Les_ldh

I am booked as a solo passenger in a balcony cabin on Ventura departing in June this year. I am looking into adding another person to my booking in the same cabin and was wondering if anybody had experience of doing this.

Obviously booking solo I paid a very large premium Would P&O calculate the price based on what I paid when booked, or on the price as it is currently (if I was booking now it would be nearly £1000 more than I paid).

I’m assuming I would have to pay the standard £100 fee for making a change, is that correct?

Is there anything else I should be aware of or should consider before phoning them?

Thanks, Les.

Hi....I have no personal experience of adding an extra passenger but on our cruise a couple of weeks ago I got friendly with a young lady who had done exactly that...she had booked a double cabin just for herself and then at a later date added her boyfriend to the booking for the same cabin. She said that they re calculated the price to the " at the time of Booking" price. I don't think the price worked out much different for two passengers than what she was paying just for herself.

Hi....I have no personal experience of adding an extra passenger but on our cruise a couple of weeks ago I got friendly with a young lady who had done exactly that...she had booked a double cabin just for herself and then at a later date added her boyfriend to the booking for the same cabin. She said that they re calculated the price to the " at the time of Booking" price. I don't think the price worked out much different for two passengers than what she was paying just for herself.

Thanks for your reply. That’s what I’m hoping they’ll do for me, fingers crossed, otherwise I don’t think it’s going to be financially viable.

Les.

They might refuse if all the lifeboat spaces what are part of your evacuation group are full. No space in the lifeboats.

There will be space in your cabin, so that is not a problem. The point Kamloops50 mentioned is a valid issue if the ship is now full due to people occupying higher berths (top bunks). This will not likely be an issue if the cruise is still selling as opposed to completely sold out. The other problem which may be an issue is if you are adding a passenger who is under eighteen years of age. This is because they have capacity limits on age groups for the children's clubs. If this is the case and you are within school holidays period it might be a problem.

Regards John

There will be space in your cabin, so that is not a problem. The point Kamloops50 mentioned is a valid issue if the ship is now full due to people occupying higher berths (top bunks). This will not likely be an issue if the cruise is still selling as opposed to completely sold out. The other problem which may be an issue is if you are adding a passenger who is under eighteen years of age. This is because they have capacity limits on age groups for the children's clubs. If this is the case and you are within school holidays period it might be a problem.

Regards John

Thanks John, the passenger is over 18 so that’s not a problem, and the cruise is still selling, but I hadn’t even considered this issue, so I suppose if I’m going to do it I’d better get on with it! Thanks for your advice.

Les.

I am booked as a solo passenger in a balcony cabin on Ventura departing in June this year. I am looking into adding another person to my booking in the same cabin and was wondering if anybody had experience of doing this.

Obviously booking solo I paid a very large premium Would P&O calculate the price based on what I paid when booked, or on the price as it is currently (if I was booking now it would be nearly £1000 more than I paid).

I’m assuming I would have to pay the standard £100 fee for making a change, is that correct?

Is there anything else I should be aware of or should consider before phoning them?

Thanks, Les.

I have done exactly this. I booked a cabin for one of our daughters as a solo passenger because, at the time of booking, our other daughter wasn’t sure if she could come with us. I paid a large solo passenger supplement and P&O said at the time we booked that we could add our other daughter ‘subject to ship capacity’ (they are both adults).

Many months later our other daughter decided that she could come, so I changed the booking. The cost was calculated at the time of the original booking, not the current price, and was a relatively small additional cost due to the high solo supplement then being removed. You do NOT pay the £100 fee. This only applies if you cancel your booking and move it to another cruise, not if you add a passenger.

I have done exactly this. I booked a cabin for one of our daughters as a solo passenger because, at the time of booking, our other daughter wasn’t sure if she could come with us. I paid a large solo passenger supplement and P&O said at the time we booked that we could add our other daughter ‘subject to ship capacity’ (they are both adults).

Many months later our other daughter decided that she could come, so I changed the booking. The cost was calculated at the time of the original booking, not the current price, and was a relatively small additional cost due to the high solo supplement then being removed. You do NOT pay the £100 fee. This only applies if you cancel your booking and move it to another cruise, not if you add a passenger.

Thanks Selbourne that puts my mind at rest and is excellent news about the £100 :D .

Les.

Can I please add a question. I booked a cabin for a cruise and would now like to add another cabin/2 more people. Is there any way I could do it so that I just get charged the cost at time of booking, as the price for this cruise has shot up. TIA

Can I please add a question. I booked a cabin for a cruise and would now like to add another cabin/2 more people. Is there any way I could do it so that I just get charged the cost at time of booking, as the price for this cruise has shot up. TIA

Sadly no. Booking another cabin will constitute a new booking and will therefore be at current prices.

Hi....this is just an idea but not sure if it would work for you and also depends on grade of cabin you are in.

Could it be feasible to upgrade your cabin to a mini suite/suite that sleeps 4....you would pay the price at the time of your original booking and you wouldn't pay the £100 to upgrade.

Of course it depends on availability/how close you are with the other 2 people....possibly they are family.... and of course final price....just a thought.