Sept 30 Divina still going to San Juan? REALLY MSC?

Morgsmom

Why not Bonaire?

Bonaire is too far south to get to from Miami on a 7 day eastern cruise.

Have they already announced Antigua? That's an option. As is Anguilla. St. Kitts would be an option.

At any rate, I suspect a lot of lesser-known eastern Caribbean islands will be getting a lot of traffic for a few months...

Bonaire is too far south to get to from Miami on a 7 day eastern cruise.

Have they already announced Antigua? That's an option. As is Anguilla. St. Kitts would be an option.

At any rate, I suspect a lot of lesser-known eastern Caribbean islands will be getting a lot of traffic for a few months...

Anguilla is not an option, Irma wrecked havoc on it and it does not have the big harbor for the big cruise ships. St Kitts maybe, it did not take a direct hit from either Irma or Maria. I do not think that the Eastern itineraries could go much further south than Antigua on a 7 day cruise. St Kitts would be a very nice choice, better than a sea day in my opinion. I originally thought St Kitts would replace ST Maarten but they surprised me with Antigua!

Karen

To the poster indicating that I, the OP, is a Vulture, well let's just try not to name-call, shall we.

MY POINT is and was that you don't put out a notice that basically said "all is good, we are still on our planned itinerary" at all. If you need to make a statement you say "we don't know what we are doing at this point as the situation is very fluid and we appreciate your patience." It's not about needing to take a deep breath and "go with the flow." It was a comment about the uselessness of a statement.

I know that the cruise line will do everything to protect their people and their ship first; that is not in doubt. And I know that in the passenger contract of passage they can change itineraries, ships, and just about any darned thing they at any time they want. It's just that some of us would prefer GOOD information over no information, or worse, outright silly information (see also: "the itinerary is still as planned" which was yesterday's statement).

I, frankly, don't care WHICH ports we go to, but I would like to know where, as I would like the opportunity to plan something in advance. As with other seasoned Caribbean cruisers I have my favorites, and not so favorites, but just want to know, that's all.

We truly hope that Freeport is not an option, it is a dump and travelling Thousands of miles to see a dump again would not go down well with us at all.

If we have to switch to a Western then so be it but MSC need to act soon because like Americans flying to Europe when there is an issue that affects them right before paying for flights or final payment of the cruise, we need to know soon before we have to pay for flights we may not need should we decide to cancel.

We have the option to move the cruise to a future date but that for us is currently not a viable option as things stand.

As much as it pains us to see the damage to the Caribbean islands inflicted by the weather we really do need MSC to up their game and sort out where the ship will or will not be going, waiting until after final payment is not an option!

what you guys are just spouting i think first off antigua is not just an option it has been added to replace st martin a week ago and bonaire is on several carnival iteneraries as is aruba from miami go figure

so i am proven that people on here do not know what they are talking about

what you guys are just spouting i think first off antigua is not just an option it has been added to replace st martin a week ago and bonaire is on several carnival iteneraries as is aruba from miami go figure

so i am proven that people on here do not know what they are talking about

No need to get defensive. ;)

Aruba, Bonaire, and Curaçao are on 8 night itineraries from Miami, not 7. The cruise lines usually choose two of them plus a Dominican Republic port or San Juan as part of a 3 port/4 sea-day itinerary. Bonaire is 1200 miles from Miami in a straight line. That means it takes 2 days to get down there and 2 days to get back, at full steam.

Anguilla is not an option, Irma wrecked havoc on it and it does not have the big harbor for the big cruise ships. St Kitts maybe, it did not take a direct hit from either Irma or Maria. I do not think that the Eastern itineraries could go much further south than Antigua on a 7 day cruise. St Kitts would be a very nice choice, better than a sea day in my opinion. I originally thought St Kitts would replace ST Maarten but they surprised me with Antigua!

Karen

You're right, I don't know why I forgot that Anguilla was heavily damaged as well. St Kitts would be a pretty nice alternative, though.

Aruba would be a good call if it were possible been before, Bonaire not keen on it having been there also.

Curacao not been there or St Kitts.

Trouble is there are still two more months beyond this where other islands could be damaged, we can only hope that the weather behaves itself from now until December.

I am being patient over this. There change in statement eliminating the subbing of Antigua. We know that Nassau is still ok. I think they are waiting to see what happens there. I think those two ports (Nassau and Antigua) will be our ports. So, IMO they just need to change San Juan. The good idea for me is to have another day at sea.

I hope they can at least let us know before final payment is due, what is going on, because if I was to get another day at sea, it would be a total of 5 days at sea on a 7 day cruise. I would have never booked a cruise like that.

Some cruise lines are doing two stops in the Bahamas which I wouldn't love, but our next cruise (on Seaside) is more about the ship than the destinations. But I agree...5 sea days is a bit much.

I think they're going to find alternative islands/ports that will work in the eastern Caribbean. I can't see a lot of people going on back to back cruises if they stay in the west week after week unless they alternate ports there, too.

I hope they can at least let us know before final payment is due, what is going on, because if I was to get another day at sea, it would be a total of 5 days at sea on a 7 day cruise. I would have never booked a cruise like that.

Obviously this is an ever changing situation and they can't keep chopping and changing. We'll get notified once everything is definite. If people have a problem then I think the answer is not to book a cruise in September in peak of Hurricane Season! You basically accept the risk. In 20 years we've only been affected once. Think we just need to be grateful that we don't live in these affected islands and have choices. The other thing is if it was a land based holiday, it would simply be cancelled. We're going to have a fabulous holiday 'somehere'; the ship is still going to be stunning; the food still delicious and the cocktails amazing. Give MSC a break and give them a chance to sort things out. All ports are great, it's just a case of choosing the right thing to do.....let's be glass half full people and not half empty or as Pollyana says find something to be glad about!

All well and good when you are not spending Thousands on Cruise, flight and hotel ! and with time ticking away to final payment and loss of deposit and more, including flights, people need to know what MSC are planning.

Almost two years on from booking 23 rd December and the management of MSC have still not released info about certain cabins, Celebrity announce a new ship (Edge) and all the required info needed.

MSC are trying to edge their bets to try to head off cancellations and knowing how they work and how they managed the Divina fiasco with Nassau on the first T.A, they will wait until after final payment to make the announcement.

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase " we were undecided but now we just cannot make up our minds"

MSC are trying to edge their bets to try to head off cancellations and knowing how they work and how they managed the Divina fiasco with Nassau on the first T.A, they will wait until after final payment to make the announcement.

What Fiasco?

What is the concern over a December cruise? If you want guaranteed eastern ports no line will do that today

Mine is in 21 days I think that is getting a little confusing but I am not even thinking of cancelling so it is funny someone who booked for a cruise that is 4 months away is thinking of cancelling ... WHAT? Really? just go and plan around it, no big deal . I planned trips one month ahead before (such as a Nicaragua trip one my own alone and didnt know a thing about the place. Best rip ever!!!)and didnt sweat it how can someone take a cruise and want to cancel for things happening months before? I do not get it.