Lagos Mar or Margaritaville Beach Resort in Fort Lauderdale

cjbj

We are taking our first cruise in October out of Port Everglades. We are looking at these 2 hotels for one night pre cruise. The price is similar and both are on the beach. Lagos Mar is closer to port and airport. If anyone has any insight on either hotel that would be great. Looking for any info or opinions. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm assuming you mean the Lago Mar?

It depends on what you want as they are both nice. Margaritaville has tons of stuff on property and immediately around it while the Lago Mar will be a very laid back resort. You can have laid back or busy fun at Margaritaville.

October is still summer for us so you should have great beach weather.

Yes I meant Lago Mar. Sorry for the typo.[emoji4] I think we would definitely like to visit the beach and have options for dinner that are close by. Thanks for the reply.

• 3 months later...

I booked Lago Mar this afternoon, four rooms, for our August Allure cruise, it will also be my sister's birthday the day we arrive. I just went on to Margarittaville in Fort Lauderdale, since wanted to check out prices since sounded like that may be a fun option, but it says no rooms available. Do they usually sell out this quickly?

Thank you.

Margaritaville by a long shot.

And yes, js, they can often sell out quickly. It's the hottest hotel in the area - but doesn't feel overwhelming either when full. We go to the property just to hang out and grab dinner, etc. It's fantastic and right on the busy broadwalk and right smack on the beach so lots going on. Live music all the time at the Hollywood clam shell (little outdoor stage right next to the hotel).

If you choose Lago Mar you will need Uber or cab to visit off property restaurants or bars.

Margaritaville is right along the Hollywood Beach board walk with lots of spots to eat and hang out.

Agree lots to do and great entertainment right out the back gate. We stayed pre cruise brfore the NCL sky..

All of the responses are spot on.

If you want something very low key I would go with Lago Mar. Yes, it is in a remote location and you either need a rental car or to use a service should you want to go off property.

Margaritaville is more lively with lots of things nearby.

Both are great options. Depends what kind of stay you are looking for.

Keith

• 1 month later...

So we just returned two days ago from our cruise. We stayed at Lago Mar. It is a beautiful property. We walked down the beach where we enjoyed watching the cruise ship leave Port Everglades. We ate dinner at the restaurant in the resort and it was fabulous! The room was much larger than what I was expecting. You walk in to an entry foyer with a chair and table with mirror. To the right was the bedroom with 2 beds which were quite comfortable. The bedroom had a full bath. Walk down the hall off the foyer and there was another full bath and kitchenette. Then there was a tv room with sofa, chair, and desk. The balcony was off this room and we had a slight pool and ocean view. I highly recommend Lago Mar. We really enjoyed our one night stay there pre cruise. They also offer a van ride through a third party to the port for $7 a person which we used and our driver was excellent!

Can anyone tell me what the hotels used to be? Was Margaritaville the Westin Diplomat?

Margaritaville used to be a public parking lot. Diplomat is still there. Margaritaville is a new construction hotel.