Promo packages ( included free) service charge required?

bogofman

Just been reading that a service charge is added pppd when having the drinks or dinning package added as a free promo

is this the case?

we are booking a Caribbean cruise from the UK , does it make a difference,

i don't see it mentioned in the small print

it might make the difference and we stay with celebrity as it will add up over the cruise.

Yes there is a charge. I just switched from the food promo to the beverage promo with my travel agent who informed me that the gratuities will be almost 100bucks. Looks like I will be doing a lot more drinking now.

See post #2

I believe that the OP is from the UK. If booking through an UK/EU travel agency or the NCL reps in those countries I believe (though I could be mistaken) that they are exempt from having the 18% service charge added to their booking for the beverage or dining package promotions.

Yes there is a charge. I just switched from the food promo to the beverage promo with my travel agent who informed me that the gratuities will be almost 100bucks. Looks like I will be doing a lot more drinking now.

Incorrect.

No service charge for U.K. Customers.

Is this the same with bookings via the NCL website but in Australian dollars? I can only see prepaid service fee of A$18.59 AUD per person per da, nothing is mentioned about the UBP.

I am in Australia and booked on line in Australian dollars. I rang customer service and she assured me that if paid in Australian dollars then there are no gratuities to be paid on the drink package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can't answer specifically about any country other than the U.K., but if anyone is unsure whether they will be charged or not in their country then just look at your confirmation.

If it is payable then you pay it along with your final payment and it will be listed on your confirmation.

I am in Australia and booked on line in Australian dollars. I rang customer service and she assured me that if paid in Australian dollars then there are no gratuities to be paid on the drink package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Awesome, thanks for the reply!