AARP card ??

gmaonboard4

• 2 months later...
I bought some last month and they were e-cards. I am going to buy so I hope I can still get them via email. My cruise is in 4 weeks.
This thread is over two months old. ;) There’s a main AARP thread floating around here somewhere on the first few pages of the Carnival boards. But anyway, I haven’t looked in a couple days, but the e-cards had been available for the last couple months, at least, so your chances are good.

As of not sure when but they now charge a 0.59cents/per card fee for electronic gift cards

Even if you buy more than one card in one transaction you will still be charged 0.59 for each one

Edited by Georgie562

As of not sure when but they now charge a 0.59cents/per card fee for electronic gift cards

Even if you buy more than one card in one transaction you will still be charged 0.59 for each one

Wait... So you're saying that my next $500 gift card will cost me $450.59? And that my 10% discount is now only 9.882%?! Sounds like this is just another cutback to nickel and dime us death! :cool:

Wait... So you're saying that my next $500 gift card will cost me $450.59? And that my 10% discount is now only 9.882%?! Sounds like this is just another cutback to nickel and dime us death! :cool:

It sure is. They are calling it a "shipping" cost

I hate having to see an uneven total now :rolleyes:

If you call them they will refund the .59 shipping on the email cards. They have a glitch in the system that is charging the shipping. This happened to me today and I called 1-888-842-2891 and they gave me a refund.

If you call them they will refund the .59 shipping on the email cards. They have a glitch in the system that is charging the shipping. This happened to me today and I called 1-888-842-2891 and they gave me a refund.

Do they have long hold times? are they outsourced call center?

I rather just pay the fee than go through the hassle :rolleyes:

No I called and got someone in right away. They need your order number and verify some of your information. She put me on hold for a minute to check on this and came back apologized and said they issued a refund.

Can AARP members gift these to people? I'm nowhere near AARP age, but my parents are members. Can they be used to pay for CHEERS through the Carnival site?

Anybody can sign up for AARP Rewards, it's free and any age can do it. Like you, I am far from AARP age but I reap these benefits every cruise. They can be used for the cruise fare, Cheers, excursions, grats, ANYTHING Carnival.

Can AARP members gift these to people? I'm nowhere near AARP age, but my parents are members. Can they be used to pay for CHEERS through the Carnival site?

I'm 29, and I have been an AARP member since August of last year. AARP members get Rewards For Good points twice as fast.

You don't have to be 49 1/2+ to join AARP. If you aren't at least 49 1/2, you will get an associate membership. You get almost all of the benefits of a full membership. They only things you aren't eligible for are the insurance products. You have to call to get an associate membership. An associate membership is the same price as a full membership. It is $12 for the first year.

Anybody can sign up for AARP Rewards, it's free and any age can do it. Like you, I am far from AARP age but I reap these benefits every cruise. They can be used for the cruise fare, Cheers, excursions, grats, ANYTHING Carnival.

Thanks for the info, I'm signed up now, need about $700 for CHEERS so it'll be nice to save an extra $70

I'm 29, and I have been an AARP member since August of last year. AARP members get Rewards For Good points twice as fast.

You don't have to be 49 1/2+ to join AARP. If you aren't at least 49 1/2, you will get an associate membership. You get almost all of the benefits of a full membership. They only things you aren't eligible for are the insurance products. You have to call to get an associate membership. An associate membership is the same price as a full membership. It is $12 for the first year.

Members earn Rewards For Good points 50% faster not twice as fast. Also, you don't have to call if you're under 50...you can join right on the website.

Members earn Rewards For Good points 50% faster not twice as fast. Also, you don't have to call if you're under 50...you can join right on the website.

At the time I joined, you had to call. Also, each quiz that I take is worth twice the points it was when I was just a rewards member.

At the time I joined, you had to call. Also, each quiz that I take is worth twice the points it was when I was just a rewards member.

I'm just going by what is says on their website...."AARP Members earn 50% more points!" So if a non-member earns 300 points for a quiz, then a member will earn 450. Maybe when you joined it was double and you got locked into that deal. That would be nice.

One exception to that are Carnival cruises out of Australia. Our South Pacific cruise from Sydney to Honolulu is considered Australian based and conveniently won't take ANY gift cards.

So I'll just have to book a cruise to the Caribbean. Take THAT Carnival Australia!

One exception to that are Carnival cruises out of Australia. Our South Pacific cruise from Sydney to Honolulu is considered Australian based and conveniently won't take ANY gift cards.

So I'll just have to book a cruise to the Caribbean. Take THAT Carnival Australia!

They are in two different currencies. Carnival gift cards are in USD. Carnival Australia cruises are in AUD. USD are not valid in Australia.