where is the st george ferry?

shof515

The approx location of the ferry dock would be a little more to the left:

enhance

The distance would be .3-.4 miles.

SBtS

What is Pinno Wharf? I guess you mean Penno’s Wharf. Last year Penno’s Wharf was supposed to revert to a cruise ship terminal. The ferry terminal was to be at Hunters Wharf. Assuming that actually happened. Hunter's Wharf is on Penno’s Drive as is Penno’s Wharf so your map is still useful. The ferry terminal would be a little to the right if it uses Hunters Wharf.

Folks, on the map he used it shows a ferry terminal. That is an even older location no longer used. Do follow his red line.

Edited by Charles4515

We took the NCL ferry to St George this week and it docked right in the center of town. The regular ferry docked much further from the center at Penno’s Wharf. We took that one back to the dockyard. The Sea express is a much faster ferry than the NCL ferry.

We took the NCL ferry to St George this week and it docked right in the center of town. The regular ferry docked much further from the center at Penno’s Wharf. We took that one back to the dockyard. The Sea express is a much faster ferry than the NCL ferry.

Thank you for posting up to date information. This was the first week of this years cruise season. We need current reports. I think your are the first to post this cruise season.

Did you keep a copy of the NCL Tender schedule? It would be good of someone to post this years schedule to see the times. They may have changed from the schedule they had last year that has been posted. The regular ferry times on the Orange route are changed for 2018.

Did you keep a copy of the NCL Tender schedule? It would be good of someone to post this years schedule to see the times. They may have changed from the schedule they had last year that has been posted. The regular ferry times on the Orange route are changed for 2018.

Member BGarrison attached the 2018 schedule to his post on 4/8. Here is the link to the post - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55784854&postcount=8

SBtS

how much slower is the ncl ferry compare to the regular ferry?

how much slower is the ncl ferry compare to the regular ferry?

Based on what I read on another thread that was posted on the NCL board the regular NCL ferry was not running last week and they used a substitute ferry or ferries. That may account for both the slower ferry ride and the different docking location. Let's wait for the regular NCL ferry to be running before drawing any conclusions. Last year the NCL ferry had about the same travel time to and from St. George as the public ferry.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55965913&postcount=3

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55968279&postcount=9

I don't understand something having been to Bermuda 3 times. There is a very reliable ferry right where the ships dock in Kings Wharf. Why does NCL need their own ferry? What is the reasoning behind this? I'm not questioning or hating on the idea, I just don't understand the whole thing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I don't understand something having been to Bermuda 3 times. There is a very reliable ferry right where the ships dock in Kings Wharf. Why does NCL need their own ferry? What is the reasoning behind this? I'm not questioning or hating on the idea, I just don't understand the whole thing.

It's part of a contractual agreement between NCLH and Bermuda that includes NCLH making many additional port calls in Bermuda by Oceania and Regent Seven Seas ships docking in St. George and Hamilton over several years.

The NCL ferry is exclusively for the use of NCLH passengers, and is free of charge. In addition to allowing NCLH passengers to travel at no charge, this ferry relieves the the burden on Bermuda's public ferry system caused by the large NCL ships that berth at the Dockyard. That makes travel between Dockyard and St. George less crowded for both other cruise lines' passengers and Bermuda's residents. It also allowed Bermuda to discontinue chartering a ferry from Rhode Island, the Millennium, that had been used to provide service between Dockyard and St. George for the last several years.

It's part of a contractual agreement between NCLH and Bermuda that includes NCLH making many additional port calls in Bermuda by Oceania and Regent Seven Seas ships docking in St. George and Hamilton over several years.

The NCL ferry is exclusively for the use of NCLH passengers, and is free of charge. In addition to allowing NCLH passengers to travel at no charge, this ferry relieves the the burden on Bermuda's public ferry system caused by the large NCL ships that berth at the Dockyard. That makes travel between Dockyard and St. George less crowded for both other cruise lines' passengers and Bermuda's residents. It also allowed Bermuda to discontinue chartering a ferry from Rhode Island, the Millennium, that had been used to provide service between Dockyard and St. George for the last several years.

Wow I had no idea about any of that. Do you think other lines such as RCCL will follow suit or no need now?

Wow I had no idea about any of that. Do you think other lines such as RCCL will follow suit or no need now?

No need, and this was all part of the agreement that sends the much smaller Oceania and Regent Seven Seas ships to Bermuda on a regular basis for the next couple of years.. I have no doubt that NCLH must have received some type of concession from Bermuda in return, otherwise it would not be a sound business move on their part.

No need, and this was all part of the agreement that sends the much smaller Oceania and Regent Seven Seas ships to Bermuda on a regular basis for the next couple of years.. I have no doubt that NCLH must have received some type of concession from Bermuda in return, otherwise it would not be a sound business move on their part.
Definitely agree on that.