NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

[quote name='lumofny']Has anyone received credit on their cards yet for sending in the 'final' certificates? I sent mine in a week ago and was hoping for the credit to appear on my cards yesterday but nothing yet...[/quote]

Yes, I have sent some, two the first time and one the second. It seems to take a bit of time to appear on the credit card, about a week, I suspect they only process the credits in batches, mine were both on Fridays.

[quote name='lumofny']Your travel agent is wrong. You can combine multiple $500 certificates, as well as a $500's and an upgrade.[/QUOTE]

Is that an actual experience you've had? There's been alot of discussion about that across the boards, but little proof one way or the other. I keep hoping I can make it work. Have you had a success with the combo?

[quote name='lumofny']Why dont you use your Visa card at Walmart to buy a gift card, then use that gift card at Sams Club?[/QUOTE]

I have done that but if it's possible I prefer to skip the middle man step.

The No Hassel Master Card was the card I wanted for me no matter if it was a MC or Visa.

I'm very happy with my decision. Now, I can't wait to get the card and start using it.

Has anyone received credit on their cards yet for sending in the 'final' certificates? I sent mine in a week ago and was hoping for the credit to appear on my cards yesterday but nothing yet...

I am waiting as well. I applied my $500 cert towards a cruise that I had made final payment. On the NCL website I see where I have a $500 credit but none of my cc's have been credited just yet. I keep checking them all because final payment was made with BOA MC, but the deposit was made with Discover.
I mailed the cert about a week ago.

[quote name='EmmasNana']Has anyone received credit on their cards yet for sending in the 'final' certificates? I sent mine in a week ago and was hoping for the credit to appear on my cards yesterday but nothing yet...

I am waiting as well. I applied my $500 cert towards a cruise that I had made final payment. On the NCL website I see where I have a $500 credit but none of my cc's have been credited just yet. I keep checking them all because final payment was made with BOA MC, but the deposit was made with Discover.
I mailed the cert about a week ago.[/quote]

In my case, it has appeared posted to my NCL account several days before it appeared on my credit card. Both times the credit card credits were processed on Fridays. The certs were sent in after final payment was made.

Has anyone sent in enough certificates to receive their cruise cost [B]and deposit[/B] back since the program has ended? My cruise cost is $2500. I have payed a deposit of $1000. I owe $1500. I have $2500 in certificates. I know in the good old days if I sent in my $2500 in certificates now, my cruise would be payed for and I would receive a $1000 credit on my credit card refunding my deposit. (Even though the fine print says you cannot use them for deposits...they still let you.) Since the change, I'm worried that if I send in $2500 in certificates my cruise will be payed for but I won't get my $1000 refund and $1000 in certificates will be lost.

Thanks!
Susan

[quote name='EmmasNana']Has anyone received credit on their cards yet for sending in the 'final' certificates? I sent mine in a week ago and was hoping for the credit to appear on my cards yesterday but nothing yet...

I mailed the cert about a week ago.[/quote]

I was a little nervous about getting the coupons credited to my NCL credit card, but it worked just fine. I booked the cruise on Feb 9, paying the full amount since it was beyond the final payment date. On the 10th of Feb. I sent the coupons to NCL in Miami using Priority Mail and tracking. They arrived in Miami on Feb. 12th. On Feb 20 NCL issued a credit to Bk. of Am. for the $1000. Very happy with the efficiency of this and with our DEEPLY discounted cruise.

Good luck, Howard

I booked a cruise directly through NCL last week. At the time of booking, I did NOT mention that I had $2,500 in gift certificates. I obtained a discount for being a Latitude members ($100 each) and another 15% discount for my husband being a veteran. Has anyone heard if there is any type of a conflict with the VA and Latitude discount AND the gift certificates. I am a little concerned NCL may say "you can't use your gift certificates AND Latitude and VA discounts." Anyone had anything like this occur?

Marilyn

[quote name='peachquilter']I booked a cruise directly through NCL last week. At the time of booking, I did NOT mention that I had $2,500 in gift certificates. I obtained a discount for being a Latitude members ($100 each) and another 15% discount for my husband being a veteran. Has anyone heard if there is any type of a conflict with the VA and Latitude discount AND the gift certificates. I am a little concerned NCL may say "you can't use your gift certificates AND Latitude and VA discounts." Anyone had anything like this occur?

Marilyn[/QUOTE]

I have not had any personal experience with the veterans discount, but there should not be any conflict here. The Compass Reward certificates are not discounts, but are basically counted as payment towards the cruise. You should have not problem using them. We have used them with all sorts of other promotions. :)

[quote name='peachquilter']I booked a cruise directly through NCL last week. At the time of booking, I did NOT mention that I had $2,500 in gift certificates. I obtained a discount for being a Latitude members ($100 each) and another 15% discount for my husband being a veteran. Has anyone heard if there is any type of a conflict with the VA and Latitude discount AND the gift certificates. I am a little concerned NCL may say "you can't use your gift certificates AND Latitude and VA discounts." Anyone had anything like this occur?

Marilyn[/QUOTE]
You'll be fine. You don't have to divulge you have cruise certificates at the time of booking, and like C breeze said, it's considered a form of payment, so it doesn't conflict with any promotional discounts you've received. :)

I've also booked direct using all the methods of discounts/payments that you are (Certificates/Latitudes/Vets--I've even thrown in Senior)...never had a problem at all :D

Marilyn[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kendallison']Has anyone sent in enough certificates to receive their cruise cost [B]and deposit[/B] back since the program has ended? My cruise cost is $2500. I have payed a deposit of $1000. I owe $1500. I have $2500 in certificates. I know in the good old days if I sent in my $2500 in certificates now, my cruise would be payed for and I would receive a $1000 credit on my credit card refunding my deposit. (Even though the fine print says you cannot use them for deposits...they still let you.) Since the change, I'm worried that if I send in $2500 in certificates my cruise will be payed for but I won't get my $1000 refund and $1000 in certificates will be lost.

Thanks!
Susan[/quote]

We just did this. Just got our last $500 cert. by paying off our cruise in December. They credited $500 back to our BofA card no problem. I was a little worried, but many people here said they had the same experience after paying in full.

ETA: Sorry - I just reread and saw what you meant about the deposit. We only paid a $250 deposit, so I cannot say that we were in the same scenario. Hopefully someone else can pop in to say. Good luck! Edited by abugs

What happens with $500 certificates when they are sent in? Is the value of certificates already paid for? In other words, if BOA collapses, or is taken over by the government as many are speculating (at least that's what I keep hearing on TV/Radio), will our certificates still be good? Is there anyone out there who knows how the system works?

[quote name='alwayssingin']What happens with $500 certificates when they are sent in? Is the value of certificates already paid for? In other words, if BOA collapses, or is taken over by the government as many are speculating (at least that's what I keep hearing on TV/Radio), will our certificates still be good? Is there anyone out there who knows how the system works?[/QUOTE]

This is a very good question. :) I believe that NCL would make good on the certs no matter what happens to BOA, but of course you know what they say about assume..... :D! As long as NCL stays "afloat".... ;)

I sent in my $500 certificate on 2/23, I tracked it thru certifided mail and it was received and signed for on 2/25. How lond does it take to be credited to my final balance? And how do I find out? I went into my NCL account but I can't get any details other then what cabin I'm in, the date of sail and the passengers in my party. :confused:

[quote name='TVLady3']I sent in my $500 certificate on 2/23, I tracked it thru certifided mail and it was received and signed for on 2/25. How lond does it take to be credited to my final balance? And how do I find out? I went into my NCL account but I can't get any details other then what cabin I'm in, the date of sail and the passengers in my party. :confused:[/QUOTE]

It gets credited back to your bank account, so I always check online. Not sure if it's done any other way if you send them in advance.

[quote name='TVLady3']I sent in my $500 certificate on 2/23, I tracked it thru certifided mail and it was received and signed for on 2/25. How lond does it take to be credited to my final balance? And how do I find out? I went into my NCL account but I can't get any details other then what cabin I'm in, the date of sail and the passengers in my party. :confused:[/QUOTE]

Did you book this directly with NCL, or through a travel agent? If you booked through a travel agent, have them check for you. If you booked it yourself through NCL, they should email you an updated invoice. If they have not, call your NCL personal cruise consultant. ;)

[quote name='c breeze']Did you book this directly with NCL, or through a travel agent? If you booked through a travel agent, have them check for you. If you booked it yourself through NCL, they should email you an updated invoice. If they have not, call your NCL personal cruise consultant. ;)[/quote]

I booked this thru NCL Harrah's. I have a $1061. balance on my guest copy confirmation, won't the $500 come off of that or will they credit my credit card?:confused:

[quote name='TVLady3']I booked this thru NCL Harrah's. I have a $1061. balance on my guest copy confirmation, won't the $500 come off of that or will they credit my credit card?:confused:[/QUOTE]

I am not sure what NCL Harrah's is, but unless you have already paid in full, the $500 should come off your invoice balance. ;) Call them and make sure it is showing as a credit and ask for a new invoice showing that. Edited by c breeze

UPDATE: I called my travel agent today 3/9th and was told the $500 certificate was applied on 3/3 so now have a balance of only $561. And I received a updated invoice e-mail confirmation!:D I'm very happy!:)
I was also told that I could send in the 4 upgrade certificates that I have for another $40 off, I think I will.:p