Advice on Seattle

Cruisesfun65

Hi Cruisers!

This has been asked many many times before, but I'm overwhelmed.

Next July we will be on a cruise to Alaska (CCL Legend) leaving out of Seattle.

We're arriving Sunday night (late) and the cruise leaves Tuesday afternoon. So we have Monday to visit some of the highlights (we will not have a car).

As you know, the prices for downtown hotels are mega high. I am not very mobile (can't walk super long distances).

Would you recommend staying in the airport area and book a sightseeing day tour for Monday?

Or is it easier (and more comfortable) for me to stay downtown?

Any hotel you can recommend around the SeaTac airport that has restaurants and shops within walking distance?

Thank you very much in advance, I appreciate any tips and suggestions.

Thank you. But we most definitely will need a room with AC.

You sure about that ;) ? We’re from the southeast and wife needs AC - we live with it on most of the year, but she wanted to stay downtown so this place was a compromise. She didn’t regret it all, even when it was in the 80’s. It was better than the SeaTac Best Western we stayed at pre cruise with AC but at double the rate.

Seattle doesn’t get as hot/humid in the summer as other parts of the country and when we we returned from our days Sightseeing, we just opened the windows, turned in the fan and the room quickly became comfortable. An east facing room would probably suit you better

The fact that shopping, dining, the waterfront and attractions were right at our doorstep for a third the price of other downtown hotels, especially in the summer tourist season made it that much more attractive

Just something to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Herfnerd

the problem with the airport is you get a cheaper room but there is much there besides some fast food restaraunts, thus making downtown a much better selection. Look on tripadvisor seattle forum and you can see a one day itinerary without a car and other useful info on cruises from seattle.

I am not sure what your budget is but I have booked the Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown for my family. They offer a free shuttle within a mile of hotel and that is pretty much all the tourist sites and has a Walgreens across the street if you need to pick anything up. I had originally booked an airbnb but cancelled it when I found this hotel. Hotel rates in July appear to be about $250/night.

I am not sure what your budget is but I have booked the Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown for my family. They offer a free shuttle within a mile of hotel and that is pretty much all the tourist sites and has a Walgreens across the street if you need to pick anything up. I had originally booked an airbnb but cancelled it when I found this hotel. Hotel rates in July appear to be about $250/night.

Thank you. I JUST made a reservation at the Hyatt House downtown.:cool:

We were at this Hyatt Place last month and a word of caution - it is next to an all night gas station that was noisy all night. We liked the hotel and the great staff, but it was hard to sleep in a room overlooking the gas station (should have known it would be a problem when I say the free earplugs on the nightstand!

I would move to the nearby Hyatt House, which is right by the Space Needle and monorail into downtown (and just a couple of short blocks from Hyatt Place). I am pretty sure they have a shuttle as well (saw it dropping people off downtown). but call them to verify.

Look at the Moore Hotel in downtown Seattle. We stayed there last month post cruise for $128/night. Two blocks from Pikes Place Market on 2nd and Virginia

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did they have an elevator?