Looking for something to do in Cozumel

DrHfuhruhurr

Hi all,

We are headed to Cozumel next week on the RCL Liberty of the Seas (will be in port on March 16). We canceled our planned excursion to the Rio Secreto underground caverns due to the messy situation with ferries to the mainland right now, and we're not having a lot of luck finding alternatives. The rest of our family is headed to Mr. Sanchos, but that venue is sold out. We also tried Nacho Cocom, which is also sold out. At this point, we are considering just staying on the ship and relaxing, but does anyone have a favorite thing to do in Cozumel they'd like to recommend?

We already sort of struck out in the prior port (Puerto Costa Maya) because we hemmed and hawed until what we wanted to do sold out, so I would like to do *something* in Cozumel if there is a good option.

Thanks for any advice!!

Hi all,

We are headed to Cozumel next week on the RCL Liberty of the Seas (will be in port on March 16). We canceled our planned excursion to the Rio Secreto underground caverns due to the messy situation with ferries to the mainland right now, and we're not having a lot of luck finding alternatives. The rest of our family is headed to Mr. Sanchos, but that venue is sold out. We also tried Nacho Cocom, which is also sold out. At this point, we are considering just staying on the ship and relaxing, but does anyone have a favorite thing to do in Cozumel they'd like to recommend?

We already sort of struck out in the prior port (Puerto Costa Maya) because we hemmed and hawed until what we wanted to do sold out, so I would like to do *something* in Cozumel if there is a good option.

Thanks for any advice!!

Just off Liberty and all ship excursions to the mainland were already cancelled last week and refunds given.

Cozumel will be busy next week with Spring Break crowd - (I know they reported the ship would have a large number of kids on board this week) so the popular beach clubs will be very busy and sold out.

You don’t give any indication of age or activities you enjoy? Personally I would probably head to the east side with a private driver (we use ToursPlaza) away from the crowds and on my own schedule - Punta Morena is usually a good beach option but no ocean swimming, watch currents.

Another good option, away from crowds, is Cooking with Josefina (an authentic fun hands-on cooking class in local’s home). other suggestions would be photo tour with Tati Biernas or food tour with Cozumel Chef and haven’t done it but, there are some electric bike tours on east side which might be an option if you are looking for something more strenuous!

There are lots of beach clubs other than Mr Sanchos and Nachi. Most of them do not charge, they just want you to buy something, like water bottles or drinks or lunch.

If you want to do something different, look at the Original Bar Hop...takes you to the other side of island for 4 stops and funky little beach bars.

Go on a snorkeling boat tour...there are dozens of them.

Go downtown and walk around, visit all the little side streets, eat some amazing food.

Go to Chankanaab Park for the day.

lots to do on Cozumel.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you are an animal-loving family, you can volunteer at the Cozumel Humane Society for the day. They can always use dog walkers or people to play with the animals for socialization. The last time we were in Cozumel, my parents and I were able to help the animals in recovery from spay/neuter surgery. We had a great day!