Edge officers, staff shaping up

vtcruising

Sailed with Maja on the Summit in Nov; loved her, none better

Sailed with Katya on Reflection in Feb, Excellent

Now, if someone can get the Sommelier from Reflection to the Edge, I would be one happy camper

George

Just off Solstice and Miss Gee, Luminae Hostess will be going to the Edge. She is one of the people that made our cruise so special and we were so excited to hear she will be joining the Edge - we loved her!

Yes, and we love her too. We haven’t sailed on Equinox since her Inaugural in 2009, our last 4 cruises have been on Reflection. The first time we met Katya she was a waiter in Luminae. On our last 2 cruises on Reflection Katya has been the Luminae Hostess.

She was great on equinox, I will be glad to see her

We just got off the Reflection on March 12.

Bogdan was on board and he confirmed he will be transferring to the Edge as her first Suite Manager. He is the Best.

Julie Sherrington will be Guest Relations Manager.

And Katya, the Hostess in Luminae, will also be going to the Edge.

I agree, sounds like a great staff.

Just got off Eclipse and Bianca from Cafe al Bacio is also going to Edge after her vacation. She is a young woman and so very, very organized and friendly. Hope she is still on in January, although I am sure she will be. Knew everyone by name and what they wanted when she saw them. Great addition to the crew.

Just got off Eclipse and Bianca from Cafe al Bacio is also going to Edge after her vacation. She is a young woman and so very, very organized and friendly. Hope she is still on in January, although I am sure she will be. Knew everyone by name and what they wanted when she saw them. Great addition to the crew.

Excellent! Will look forward to meeting her.

• 1 month later...

We just booked the Edge, again (2 we booked previouswere cancelled) for 2020. Looks like they took the cream of the crop for Edge. The staff in Luminae is over and above. Had the pleasure of meeting Maja on Solstice recently. She will do well on the Edge. As well as both Masters of the ship.

Happy Sailing everyone!

We just booked the Edge, again (2 we booked previouswere cancelled) for 2020. Looks like they took the cream of the crop for Edge. The staff in Luminae is over and above. Had the pleasure of meeting Maja on Solstice recently. She will do well on the Edge. As well as both Masters of the ship.

Happy Sailing everyone!

It looks like we will be well taken care of on the Edge! :D

• 4 weeks later...
Arno put the Edge on his Who’s Onboard chart! He only has it partially completed - likely only put the ones in that were confirmed.
We are confirmed on the Nov.1, 2019 Edge. Is Arno working that far out?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I would doubt it. Captains rotate on three month shifts. Other officers anywhere from three to five or six months. Some of them will have actually started before passengers begin to board so I would think that by February we will start to see some well-earned vacations.

We are confirmed on the Nov.1, 2019 Edge. Is Arno working that far out?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I generally don't start looking at who might be on an upcoming cruise until 3-6 months out, although sometimes Arno will get some info about upcoming vacations and who will replace that person so you can get info a little further ahead.

The Masters Nestoroudis and Kafetzis will probably alternate every 3 months or so on the Edge, as cruisestitch said, with Captain Nestroroudis starting Oct 18, 2018 (in 4 months!) per Arno's chart. They may be a little more predictable, but Captains change as well. I can't remember who is going to Beyond in early 2020, but that may change things around.

It has been fun to watch the positions get filled. It looks like a lot of good people will be onboard! :D

We spoke directly to Bogdan who said he was going on vacation in June, then would be transferring to the Edge in September.

In fact, all those who told us they were chosen to go to the Edge were following the same pattern, starting vacation in May or June, then coming back to the Reflection just before transferring to the Edge in September in preparation for her first sailings in November. Included in this group were our favorite Waiter and Assistant server in Luminae and our Butler, Vishnu. ����

I hope Bogdan will be there in February 2019. He was our butler during our British Isles cruise on the Infinity. I need to search for his email address and I hope we still have it. He was exceptional.

Edited by EndlessSea
mistake

Just off Solstice and Miss Gee, Luminae Hostess will be going to the Edge. She is one of the people that made our cruise so special and we were so excited to hear she will be joining the Edge - we loved her!

Yes when we were on Solstice, the Luminae Maitre D', Miss Gee, was excellent and she also told us she was going to start up Luminae on Edge. So who will be the Maitre D' ? Miss Gee from Solstice or Katya from Reflection?

Yes when we were on Solstice, the Luminae Maitre D', Miss Gee, was excellent and she also told us she was going to start up Luminae on Edge. So who will be the Maitre D' ? Miss Gee from Solstice or Katya from Reflection?

Our Edge cruise isn't until Feb, so I hope the Nov/Dec cruisers let us know

George

Is there a manager and a maître d' for Luminae and Blu? I have been confused in both venues by having a definite hostess-type person at the desk when we arrive (who I thought was the maître d'), but then having another person occasionally at the desk (in addition to the maître d') or coming around to ask how we are doing. Maybe they were just F&B people checking up on things, but I have always wondered. Does anyone know?

Anyway, I wondered if both Miss gee and Katya will be there and have 2 different jobs? Another possibility is that one may be starting this fall and the other starting a few months later when the first one goes on vacation?

Is there a manager and a maître d' for Luminae and Blu? I have been confused in both venues by having a definite hostess-type person at the desk when we arrive (who I thought was the maître d'), but then having another person occasionally at the desk (in addition to the maître d') or coming around to ask how we are doing. Maybe they were just F&B people checking up on things, but I have always wondered. Does anyone know?

Anyway, I wondered if both Miss gee and Katya will be there and have 2 different jobs? Another possibility is that one may be starting this fall and the other starting a few months later when the first one goes on vacation?

In Luminae there is a host/hostess who is generally at the desk when you enter the restaurant and will seat you and then there is a maitre’d who is the manager of the restaurant who walks around making sure everything is flowing well in the dining room and kitchen and will stop at tables to talk with guests. Some of the better maitre’d’s I have also seen helping clear tables or serve food, seating guests or doing anything else needed to help his/her staff out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In Luminae there is a host/hostess who is generally at the desk when you enter the restaurant and will seat you and then there is a maitre’d who is the manager of the restaurant who walks around making sure everything is flowing well in the dining room and kitchen and will stop at tables to talk with guests. Some of the better maitre’d’s I have also seen helping clear tables or serve food, seating guests or doing anything else needed to help his/her staff out.

Thanks! Others here have called the hostess-type person the maître d' (talked about a person being a great maître d' in Luminae who seemed to act as the hostess on our cruise), so I fell into doing so as well.

That person becomes the face of Luminae or Blu for us - I never even remember what the other person looks like. :D

Thanks! Others here have called the hostess-type person the maître d' (talked about a person being a great maître d' in Luminae who seemed to act as the hostess on our cruise), so I fell into doing so as well.

That person becomes the face of Luminae or Blu for us - I never even remember what the other person looks like. :D

I thought that at first too. On my recent Reflection cruise though I made the mistake of calling this hostess the maitre’d and was quickly corrected by the actual maitre’d who said that the woman I had referred to was actually the hostess. Doesn’t really matter to me as long as everyone is providing good service.