Two formal nights...which is usually dressier

Hi everyone. Hubby and love to dress up. For our upcoming cruise he is wearing his tux. I have a black pantsuit and a navy gown. The gown is definitely dressier. Do I do that on the first or second formal night.Thank in advance!!

Hi everyone. Hubby and love to dress up. For our upcoming cruise he is wearing his tux. I have a black pantsuit and a navy gown. The gown is definitely dressier. Do I do that on the first or second formal night.Thank in advance!!

It depends on the cruise line .On Cunard every formal night is equal .On virtually every other cruise line Formal nights no longer exist.

Since the changes in wording (Formal = Gala, etc.), I've found the second one is almost always dressier. It's almost as if some are hesitant to be overdressed; they then see that lots of people did dress to the max the first gala night, so they do so the second one. Just my observations. IMO, either way is just fine.

I've also noticed that as the cruise goes on, more and more men start wearing their suits and sport coats/blazers on the casual nights. Again, maybe an observation that others are doing so.