Eurodam Cabana Question

ScottC4746

First time on HAL to Mexican Riviera in April during spring break.

What are the differences between Lido Cabanas and Retreat Cabanas.

I am travelling solo and the reason I was looking at a cabana is thanks to my family heritage I have enough English, Scots, Welsh, and Irish blood in me I can go from white to fire engine red in no time at all even with 100+ SPF sun block.

I saw somewhere you can book in advance for the entire week. Not sure how many days I would use it though. I have been to all the ports so I may or may not stay on board. Sure, I could try to grab it for the day, but I am sure the week bookings take them up.

If I do book for the week, would they allow me (I'm sure they would love this) to approach them and say I won't need it this day so you can sell if for the day if you wish?

Just looking for a nice relaxed cruise. No yelling at the pool. No loud pool parties. Sorry I am jumping from RCCL to HAL.

A quick search would find tons of info and many threads.

Lido cabanas are in the Lido pool area...not really very quite or private.

Retreat cabanas are two decks up. Far quieter, more private, better views.

The furnishings are different. Sun protection is probably a little better on the Lido, but it is generally hotter there, as you get less air movement. If you book it for the cruise, you own it for the cruise.

You can book for the entire cruise in advance, or once you board if available. You can only book individual days when you are on board.

A quick search would find tons of info and many threads.

Lido cabanas are in the Lido pool area...not really very quite or private.

Retreat cabanas are two decks up. Far quieter, more private, better views.

The furnishings are different. Sun protection is probably a little better on the Lido, but it is generally hotter there, as you get less air movement. If you book it for the cruise, you own it for the cruise.

You can book for the entire cruise in advance, or once you board if available. You can only book individual days when you are on board.

So how does one get to the pool from the Retreat? Does it have it's own private pool?

So how does one get to the pool from the Retreat? Does it have it's own private pool?

The Retreat area is a couple of decks above the Lido pool. I think it's two away on the Eurodam. If you really want to be by the pool, you'll want the Lido cabanas.

Not at all. We've had retreat cabanas for years and 85%+ of the time my wife is the only one in the cabana. The cabanas around us are often manned by one person.

I've been thinking about this. In the retreat how odd would it be to see a single person in a cabana?

We use our Retreat Cabana everyday, not just sea days. We always spend time in there when we get back from port. We will also spend some time in there in the morning if a port arrival is later. You can have breakfast and lunch in the cabana. It is definitely worth it to have a space to return to each day. I think it's a great idea for a solo traveler because if you leave your chair to swim or get something to eat, you won't have to worry about leaving your things behind. We don't mind taking a walk to the pool and we usually go to the aft pool which Is for adults. We don't mind, we go down, hang out on the back deck for a while, have a drink and maybe a slice of pizza. It's a nice little excursion before returning to the Retreat for peace & quiet. :D