Carnival Gift Cards

camijo

I used a Carnival gift card to book an excursion. My husband decided he didn't want to do that excursion after all, so I canceled it. Waiting for a replacement gift card takes forever. I had to use 2 form of payments, my debit card and Carnival gift card. I received my money back in my bank account within 2 days. Today makes 14 days of canceling and I still haven't received my gift card. Carnival said it can take up to 14 business days to receive, but really!?! This is kind of ridiculous. Really makes me think twice about using gift cards or to be 100% sure I won't be canceling.

I've gone through the hassle of waiting for a gift card refund many times. Now once cancel something purchased with a card, I automatically send an email to the appropriate area of carnival (excursions, fun shops, spa, etc.) and I also cc cclgiftcards@carnival.com with whatever relevant information for what it was I cancelled and my mailing address. Seems to cut the wait time down.

I just dealt with this. Call and talk to the funship store or whatever it’s called. I called the booking department twice after I never received a refund for a canceled excursion using a gc. They kept insisting I should have received it with in 10days. One call to the other department I finally got a real answer. Turns out they never sent it. Three days later i had a replacement gc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I also had canceled some fun shop purchases using gift cards. After waiting a week I called them and asked how long it would take for the replacements to arrive. I was told that it could take up to four weeks. However a few days later I received my gift cards. So I guess it depends on who you talk to.

I've gone through the hassle of waiting for a gift card refund many times. Now once cancel something purchased with a card, I automatically send an email to the appropriate area of carnival (excursions, fun shops, spa, etc.) and I also cc cclgiftcards@carnival.com with whatever relevant information for what it was I cancelled and my mailing address. Seems to cut the wait time down.

Can I utilize this option if I used a TA for my booking? I booked my excursion without the TA.

Can I utilize this option if I used a TA for my booking? I booked my excursion without the TA.

How you booked doesn't matter. I'm booked with a TA as well and always book my excursions and do fun shop orders, etc. on my own. If due a refund, I handle it myself. The last time I involved my TA, they sent the gift card to his home office and it had to be tracked down! Nope, so now I just do it myself.

How you booked doesn't matter. I'm booked with a TA as well and always book my excursions and do fun shop orders, etc. on my own. If due a refund, I handle it myself. The last time I involved my TA, they sent the gift card to his home office and it had to be tracked down! Nope, so now I just do it myself.

Thanks, I just sent an email.