Any way to figure out what the floorplan of a balcony room is?

vinnystheone

If you can find another deck plan, like the one I have here for the Getaway, where it shows each room with a "larger squares in the middle of the rooms". THat is where the bed where. I drew the bed location in some of the staterooms on the Getaway so you can see what I mean.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.8dbd39228c773a354c1f625b95fb165b.jpg

The Escape deckplan doesn't show the bed location. However, if a balcony or mini-suite sleeps 4, the bed will be near the balcony. If it sleeps 3, the bed will be near the closet most of the time. There are a couple of cases where a balcony/mini-suite sleeps 3 and has the bed near the balcony (no pullman) but if someone wants the bed near the balcony, they should book a stateroom that sleeps 4. Beware, there are a few examples of the deckplan having the incorrect sleeping capacity symbol or no symbol at all.

It know exactly why it matters! We just got off the Breakaway and our bed was by the closet instead of by the balcony. There is only 12 inches between the bed and the actual closet door. Impossible to use the closet without side stepping in. Also, if you need to pick something up off the closet floor, you are too close to bend over, you must sit on the bed and reach in. Also, it makes the room feel bigger to have the open floor space then the bed.

It know exactly why it matters! We just got off the Breakaway and our bed was by the closet instead of by the balcony. There is only 12 inches between the bed and the actual closet door. Impossible to use the closet without side stepping in. Also, if you need to pick something up off the closet floor, you are too close to bend over, you must sit on the bed and reach in. Also, it makes the room feel bigger to have the open floor space then the bed.

That is exactly my take...our room seemed bigger than our inlaws because of the bed being closer to the balcony...or at least it did to all of us.

I'm so glad they made the change in the rooms that sleep 4. On the breakaway the bed is closest to the closet and when you have the Pullman down and the couch open it is impossible to get to the balcony. I'm thinking with the couch and bed switched there will be way more room and easier access to the balcony. I love a nice cup of coffee on the balcony while letting the kids sleep in a bit :)

That is exactly my take...our room seemed bigger than our inlaws because of the bed being closer to the balcony...or at least it did to all of us.

I've had it both ways on previous rooms on the Breakaway. I prefer having the bed closer to the balcony. Probably because the room seems larger and there's more space to move around... From what I remember when the couch is closer to the balcony, there wasn't much room to walk by the bed to get to the couch/balcony.

I would like this also as I feel the same when the bed is by the closet hard to use the closet. I have searched and still unsure which my breakaway balcony is I'm staying in 14726 and have gotten mixed pictures showing both ways!

couch open --- do you have a picture of the couch open:confused:

I'm so glad they made the change in the rooms that sleep 4. On the breakaway the bed is closest to the closet and when you have the Pullman down and the couch open it is impossible to get to the balcony. I'm thinking with the couch and bed switched there will be way more room and easier access to the balcony. I love a nice cup of coffee on the balcony while letting the kids sleep in a bit :)