room service ?

gene g

27ycsgo.png

That early? On which ship did you get that? I don't recall the Dream having service before 0600 last time we cruised on her (Fall 2017).

We are early risers, and always hope a 0600 delivery is possible for our coffee before we head up to the lido an hour later for a real meal.

Thanks.

Doug

That early? On which ship did you get that? I don't recall the Dream having service before 0600 last time we cruised on her (Fall 2017).

We are early risers, and always hope a 0600 delivery is possible for our coffee before we head up to the lido an hour later for a real meal.

Thanks.

Doug

Have the exact same one from both the Magic and the Conquest. Both were from this year.

Thanks.

Doug

We ordered breakfast once last week on the Breeze. I checked the 5:30 - 6:00 box and circled 6:00, just taking a shot at it. Sure enough, the knock came almost right at 6:00, although I'll never know if it was just coincidence since I didn't try it a second time.

Thanks.

Doug

Horizon also starts at 5am

Have the exact same one from both the Magic and the Conquest. Both were from this year.

That's good news, and especially for early risers like my wife and me. We are generally happy with around 0600, but sometimes when we have an early tour coffee and a croissant would be appreciated.

I still can't get over that I must have missed that early time option on the Dream last fall (and the year before). On cruises it's one of the first things I check - when we can get coffee delivered. If it's too late, like 0630 or 0700 in our case (I know, we are weird), I just foot it up to the Lido deck and bring two cups back to the room. But room service is SO much more convenient! BTW, those who consider having super early room service might want to keep a couple of bucks on hand to ensure consistent delivery. We have been very pleased with the early morning coffee room service we have gotten on 90% of our cruises by simply showing our appreciation and handing over a dollar or two.

Doug

I wish they would put those little coffee pots in your cabin, like most hotels do now. The single serve pod type. We would love just 1 cup of coffee each before we head out. I would think that would save the cruise lines so much money by not having so many people ordering just coffee each morning. :D:D

I checked the 5:30 - 6:00 box and circled 6:00, just taking a shot at it. Sure enough, the knock came almost right at 6:00, although I'll never know if it was just coincidence since I didn't try it a second time.

I do this almost every day on a cruise and it has ALWAYS been delivered within 5 minutes of the marked time.

Edited by Chief93
Error

I wish they would put those little coffee pots in your cabin, like most hotels do now. The single serve pod type. We would love just 1 cup of coffee each before we head out. I would think that would save the cruise lines so much money by not having so many people ordering just coffee each morning. :D:D

The NCL ships on which we have sailed have them. Not sure why they do and others do not. They CAN be a fire hazard, as can any electrical appliance not used properly. On our Med and UK cruises a few years ago, Princess and Carnival, both had electrical hot water/tea kettles in the cabins. But no coffee maker. For many years NCL was one of our favorite line simply because of the coffee makers in the cabins. I had always avoided cabin service in the morning because I thought its delivery would be + or - 20 minutes or so. Not close enough for my mornings! But we took a few cruises on non-NCL cruises, and found that rarely was anything brought more than 5 minutes from the time I wrote on the ticket.....for instance, I'd check 0600-0630, but write in or circle 0600. And danged if it didn't work! So we have not booked NCL anymore soley because of the coffee maker in the cabin. :cool:

Doug