Splendor Steakhouse Menu

Missileer

I am sailing on Splendor on Feb. 3rd. I asked which menu would be used on that sailing, and they were not sure. I would imagine that the new menu would be in place as the ship re-positions to Long Beach in January.

We will be on the Splendor in late January. My question is for anyone who has cruised her recently do they have the new menu in the Steakhouse?

Thanks.

as of 4:00pm today the Splendors Steakhouse Manager says that at this time she has no information of the use of the new menu in there.

I had the new menu on the Breeze earlier this month and I thoroughly enjoyed some of the new items, like smoked oysters, the beef carpaccio and marrow, and dover sole. I went back a 2nd time to have my usual steak filet mignon.

Not sure if the new menu is a slow rollout or being implemented fleetwise all at once, but don't miss it if you have the chance. I didn't even moan that much about the cheesecake dropping from the dessert list.

Grandmarnnurse

I was a crew member at Minot starting in 1970 and spent the next 20 years in various missile jobs. I wish your missileer all the best and commend him/her for serving. I say him/her because I don't know and back in my day ladies were not crew members. Thankfully the career field has been open to them for many years now and they serve with distinction.

Regards.

Grandmarnnurse

I was a crew member at Minot starting in 1970 and spent the next 20 years in various missile jobs. I wish your missileer all the best and commend him/her for serving. I say him/her because I don't know and back in my day ladies were not crew members. Thankfully the career field has been open to them for many years now and they serve with distinction.

Regards.

It is my son in law that is the Missiler, but there is even an all female crew there now, also. There was a video from Airman magazine on YouTube called Underground Nuclear Deterance that was made about 8 months ago in Minot. Thank you for your service, Missileer.

I will be sailing on the Splendor on January 14th sailing. We will be eating in the steak house January 20th. I will try and take some pictures of menu and food and post back if you like.

I also will be on this cruise, I have Steakhouse reservations for the 16th, 19th and 24th I can't get enough of the place, I am happy that they will still be using the old menu as I would hate to miss some of my favorites like the

escargots bourguignonne, beef carpaccio, creamed spinach and the Chilean sea bass to name a few.

dabear, see you around the ship. This will be our first time at any (shipboard) steak house. Looking forward to it, but I know I will not be able to eat much of what is served. I know I will enjoy it very much though!

You might find yourself making another reservation before the cruise is over as there are to many good choices and you would need another trip there to try other things.

I see you fly the flag of Washington State, I live in Spokane. Big game tonight.

Does anyone have a photo of the menu? I would like to see it if you do.

S T A R T E R S

ESCARGOTS BOURGUIGNONNE Baked in Garlic Herb Butter

GRILLED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM Marinated with Virgin Olive Oil and Aged Balsamic Vinegar

BEEF CARPACCIO Sliced Raw Beef Tenderloin with Shaved Parmesan Cheese Marinated Mache Lettuce

AHI TUNA TARTARE Dices of Sashimi Grade Yellow Fin Tuna Belly

JUMBO SHRIMP COCKTAIL Black Tiger Shrimp with American Cocktail Sauce

NEW ENGLAND CRAB CAKE On Roasted Pepper Remoulade

LOBSTER BISQUE WITH VINTAGE COGNAC Fleuron and Fresh Cream

BAKED ONION SOUP

S ALAD S

CLASSIC CAESAR SALAD Hearts of Romaine Lettuce, Traditionally Prepared

BABY LEAF SPINACH AND FRESH MUSHROOMS With Blue Cheese Dressing and Warm Bacon Bits

HEART OF ICEBERG LETTUCE With Red and Yellow Grape Tomatoes SLICED, SUN-RIPENED BEEF STEAK TOMATO With Gorgonzola Crumbles

S IDE D ISHE S Baked Potatoes with Trimmings Sautéed Medley of Fresh Mushrooms Yukon Gold Mash with Wasabe Horseradish Creamed Spinach with Garlic Steamed Broccoli

A.10/0

E N T R É E S

BROILED PRIME NEW YORK STRIP LOIN STEAK 14 oz. of the Favorite Cut for Steak Connoisseurs

GRILLED PRIME COWBOY STEAK 18 oz. Rib Chop for the Real Beef Gourmet

SPICE-RUBBED PRIME RIBEYE STEAK

BROILED FILET MIGNON 9 oz. for the True Gourmet

SURF & TURF Maine Lobster Tail and Grilled Filet Mignon

BROILED LOBSTER TAIL Served With Drawn Butter

BROILED ROSEMARY INFUSED CHICKEN On Pan Seared Potato and Mushroom Hash

GRILLED LAMB CHOPS Double - Cut Lamb Chops

MAINE LOBSTER RAVIOLI Garnished with Grilled Scampi

GRILLED FILLET OF FISH FROM THE MARKET

Presented on Young Spinach Salad

S T A R T E R S

ESCARGOTS BOURGUIGNONNE Baked in Garlic Herb Butter

GRILLED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM Marinated with Virgin Olive Oil and Aged Balsamic Vinegar

BEEF CARPACCIO Sliced Raw Beef Tenderloin with Shaved Parmesan Cheese Marinated Mache Lettuce

AHI TUNA TARTARE Dices of Sashimi Grade Yellow Fin Tuna Belly

JUMBO SHRIMP COCKTAIL Black Tiger Shrimp with American Cocktail Sauce

NEW ENGLAND CRAB CAKE On Roasted Pepper Remoulade

LOBSTER BISQUE WITH VINTAGE COGNAC Fleuron and Fresh Cream

BAKED ONION SOUP

S ALAD S

CLASSIC CAESAR SALAD Hearts of Romaine Lettuce, Traditionally Prepared

BABY LEAF SPINACH AND FRESH MUSHROOMS With Blue Cheese Dressing and Warm Bacon Bits

HEART OF ICEBERG LETTUCE With Red and Yellow Grape Tomatoes SLICED, SUN-RIPENED BEEF STEAK TOMATO With Gorgonzola Crumbles

S IDE D ISHE S Baked Potatoes with Trimmings Sautéed Medley of Fresh Mushrooms Yukon Gold Mash with Wasabe Horseradish Creamed Spinach with Garlic Steamed Broccoli

A.10/0

E N T R É E S

BROILED PRIME NEW YORK STRIP LOIN STEAK 14 oz. of the Favorite Cut for Steak Connoisseurs

GRILLED PRIME COWBOY STEAK 18 oz. Rib Chop for the Real Beef Gourmet

SPICE-RUBBED PRIME RIBEYE STEAK

BROILED FILET MIGNON 9 oz. for the True Gourmet

SURF & TURF Maine Lobster Tail and Grilled Filet Mignon

BROILED LOBSTER TAIL Served With Drawn Butter

BROILED ROSEMARY INFUSED CHICKEN On Pan Seared Potato and Mushroom Hash

GRILLED LAMB CHOPS Double - Cut Lamb Chops

MAINE LOBSTER RAVIOLI Garnished with Grilled Scampi

GRILLED FILLET OF FISH FROM THE MARKET

Presented on Young Spinach Salad

Thank you!

Regarding the new menu, the steak was still excellent but I was disappointed with the presentation. I guess I really do eat with my eyes first.

I will try again as our last Steakhouse experience was marred by a two year old with parents that didn't understand fine dinning, over baked rolls and onion soup that did not have enough time to cook. (per the wait staff due to a health inspection)