What do you do with your animals?

luckybecky

I see from the boards that lots of people love their towel animals. I've only been on one short cruise, but I liked them too. I thought they were cute, but we had only a few of them.

So now, I am soon to embrark on a 12 day cruise. I'm wondering what I am supposed to do with my menagerie as it grows day by day. Where the heck do you keep all of these critters?

Do you disassemble them and toss them on the floor with your other wet towels? (This seems somehow cruel). Do you line them up and save them for the whole cruise? (This seems like it would get bothersome after just a few days). I don't want to be disrespectful to the steward who took the time to make them for me, but .... Where the heck do you put them?

On our first cruise, we had an oceanview cabin. We put them in the window. The rest of our cruises have been in balcony cabins. We line them up on the top of the back of the sofa. Some have fallen apart during the week. If so, we put the towels in with the dirty ones.

The last cruise we were on in Feb 2012 my son tore apart almost every towel animal as soon as he walked in to the room. The other times he loved them and wanted to take them home.

Our waiter at dinner would make napkin animals for him at dinner and those he kept and treasured.

We usually set them on the back of the sofa. We never end up with a collection... it seems like the room steward dismantles them and takes the towels the next day.

I think from the same towel he makes another animal.

This post makes me laugh because it reminds me of what my DH did on our first carnival cruise. I had started lining up the animals on the back of the couch. And for some reason, while he has taking a nap on the couch, he started swatting at them. And they all fell apart. We only had a couple then, so we just disassembled the rest of them. On our next cruise, I saved them on by putting them on the shelves in the room. They looked cute and I took pictures at the end.

Past few cruises we manage to save all of them till the very end. When we had a 4J cat (secret door) people could see them all lined up looking outside.

Other time lined up on the sofa and told my DH that he now has all of his 7 kids with him...lol :eek:

Cathy

I would be very disappointed:(if I did not find them in my room in the evening when I came back. I especially like the monkey, as they sometimes have him hanging from the ceiling.:) I do take pictures of them also.

I suspect that rather than refolding the same towel into a different shape for the same room they use the original shape in a different room to save time. I hope I'm wrong! Has anyone ever seen a dismantling and refolding of the same towel to stay in the same room?

I guess we haven't had the same stewards as some of you-- we keep our animal for-the-day on the counter/shelf, but it is always gone the next night and replaced by a new animal on the bed.

We've never managed to have an actual menagerie of animals all at the same time! :)

Archived