FAO Bonnie - Azamazing Evening Cuba

Wandering Words

Also wondering about 20 November and 1 December Pursuit

The November 20 AzAmazing Evening is being uploaded this week. I haven't inquired about the Dec 1, but believe it too will show up this week. Let's see.

As for the Cuba AAE's...I'm not sure. I had thought they'd be uploaded by now. Will be a squeaky wheel to try to find out.

The November 20 AzAmazing Evening is being uploaded this week. I haven't inquired about the Dec 1, but believe it too will show up this week. Let's see.

As for the Cuba AAE's...I'm not sure. I had thought they'd be uploaded by now. Will be a squeaky wheel to try to find out.

Thank you Bonnie. Just checked this morning, still nothing for the 1/24/19 Cuba cruise on Journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My TA notified me today that "Amazing Night" will be in Santiago. Still nothing on Shore Excursion page and general itinerary still has ship departing at 3:00 PM. Next day is at sea, so several hours can easily be made up.

My TA notified me today that "Amazing Night" will be in Santiago. Still nothing on Shore Excursion page and general itinerary still has ship departing at 3:00 PM. Next day is at sea, so several hours can easily be made up.

Hope this is correct and also applies to the 1/24/19 itinerary which I think is similar/same as yours.

Any news Bonnie? Thank you - I am sure you will be relieved when the Cuba AAE's do upload and all of will stop pestering you. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2018 at 7:21 AM, GREGAHOY said:

Hi Bonnie, it's October so I thought I check in again. Any word on the Azamazing Evening for the December 11th Cuba cruise? Thanks so much,

Greg

I have just received word that your AzAmazing Evening will be in Havana on Friday, 12/14/18

That's all the information I have so far. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

I have just received word that your AzAmazing Evening will be in Havana on Friday, 12/14/18

That's all the information I have so far. 

Thanks Bonnie, now we can plan our other evenings in Havana. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/2/2018 at 1:52 PM, BBMacLaird said:

How about jan 16 2019 a e details in Havana? 

33 minutes ago, Sirlancelot said:

How about jan 16 2019 a e details in Havana? 

It is listed in the 15Jan2019 voyage shorex brochure. It will be in Havana on January 16.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/ebrochure/excursions.php?ship=JR&date=2019-01-15&currency=USD

Code: N1EA Restrictions: N/A
Prices: Adult 0.00 / Child 0.00 USD Departure Times: Jan 16th, 7:30 pm
Duration: 4 hrs  
Enjoy an unforgettable dance performance at one of Havana’s exquisite theaters. The National Museum of Fine Arts in Havana is home to many wonderful exhibits of Cuban art collections, from the colonial times up to contemporary generations. Watch in awe as the Lizt Alfonso Dance Cuba company perform their moving artistry in a setting that exudes elegance. The company's performances combine, in an original way, elements of flamenco, ballet, and contemporary dance with Spanish and Afro-Cuban rhythms. Lizt Alfonso Dance Cuba is a unique expression of the mixture which identifies Cuban culture. For those who enjoy dance, there's no finer place to experience it than the sensational city of Havana. 

1 hour ago, Sirlancelot said:

Thanks very much. It has been very confusing to find out the requirements for going on this Azamazing Journey! Its unlike any other cruise and my first time to cuba. It seems I have to book A NOTHER shorex in order to go on this one - is that right?

Thx. 

You are right about Cuba being unlike any other cruise! It is different from any other we operate as well. 

It is my understanding that the AzAmazing Evening does not qualify as a people-to-people experience, and thus the requirement to take a tour prior to the AEE that does. The tour DOES NOT have to be offered by Azamara, but it must meet the requirements. 

Here’s a link to our Cuba FAQs https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/destinations/cuba/faq

6 hours ago, Sirlancelot said:

Thanks very much. It has been very confusing to find out the requirements for going on this Azamazing Journey! Its unlike any other cruise and my first time to cuba. It seems I have to book A NOTHER shorex in order to go on this one - is that right?

Thx. 

I was on the Dec. 11 Cuba cruise.  As far as booking another shorex, nobody seemed to care where we went or what we did. Some people wandered around Havana on their own, others booked private tours or took ship's tours. It looks like you have nothing to worry about. 

The Lizt Alfonso Dance Cuba performance was fabulous.  Don't miss it.

We did the Nov 24 10 day intensive on Journey.  Despite what the Azamara info says, you do not have to take any ship excursions to attend the Azamazing evening. Many of the people we talked with on the ship attended the Evening with no questions from Azamara staff, the Cuban immigration or anyone else as to what they did that day or any other day in Cuba.  We had several excursions booked with the ship, as well as 2 private ones during our stay.  Yet all but one was cancelled by Azamara including one during the day of the Azamazing Evening.  We did not get that cancellation until we were already on the ship!  We met many passengers who did all independent time, some did all private, and some stayed with Azamara or  did a combination, as we did. 

As many who have done the Cuba trips have written, there has been a lot of change on almost every trip this season.  Some of it has been because tourism is still very new in Cuba and some of it because of poor or miscommunication from Azamara.  On the ship, there were often several different answers to the same questions and some contradictions.  Schedules are being changed before and during the voyages, causing frustration for guests and some lost opportunities.  

But despite the aggravation, we loved our trip there, saw lots of history, interacted with many wonderful locals, ate some great food, took 1000+ photos,  and had a lovely time. The Dance Group in Havana was superb, with about 25 dancers, 10 or so musicians, some singers, and gorgeous costumes. They performed 90 minutes of many genres of dance showcasing the various ethnic bakgrounds of the Cuban people in a gorgeous restored theater.   Go if you can and enjoy.  

2 hours ago, Sirlancelot said:

Thanks everyone for all your help. Can anyone tell me how to find out what terminal /parking garage in Miami the Azamara Journey will be in on January 15, 2019? Thanks so much 

Azamara usually sails from Terminal J. On our recent cruise, we came back to a different terminal.  Thoughtfully, Azamara provided a free shuttle to take those of us who had parked at the garage next to Terminal J back to our cars.  It worked seamlessly. The driver loaded our suitcases into the van and took us there immediately.  (Carting our stuff through the dock areas would have been dangerous.)