Fantasy any thing I need to know?

m-of-connor

Have not cruised on carnival in few years. Just wanted to know what the Fantasy was like. Great price but just not sure my 16 year old would be happy with this ship. Just want to make sure this isn't a booze cruise. With that being said we have loved carnival, we are Platinum but the last few years we switched to Royal. I have my opinion about that but that is for another thread. I just want to know if a great price on Fantasy is worth the cruise for a 16year old. My thought is any cruise is better then nothing but it would just be me and the 16 year old for this cruise and want him to be able to find others his age and have a good time. We would be sailing this July. Thanks for any input

How long is the cruise? I have read that shorter cruises tend to be more boozy. Full week-long cruises tend to be less boozy (Cheers gets more expensive), but it depends on how you define booze cruise. I have never been on Fantasy, so I cannot speak specifically about that ship.

For what it is worth, sailing in July (summer break) WILL have more school age children on board, presumably including 16 year olds compared to during the school year.

It depends on what time of year it is. During a school break, there will be lots of other people his age and he can meet them at Club O2. They schedule activities for them and they seem to like it. I have been on the Fantasy out of Mobile and it is not a booze cruise, however, there will be plenty of drinking going on.

Cheers!

Does that apply to 16 yr olds? Are they even capable of it? Seems to me their experiences are electronic over mind.

Total depends on the kid and the parenting. Mine don't get internet plans when we travel (my college age son had to have it last trip for school work assigned during spring break - hated it and said never again!) so their phones are in AP mode. They have been on ships as big as the Magic and their most recent cruise was a week on the Fascination. They were 13 and 19 at the time and had a great time. It was port intensive and they spent a lot of time relaxing and are grateful for all the trips we take.

A cruise less than 5 days IMHO is going to be a party cruise unless you are say going to Canada.

We have sailed on the Fantasy many times. It is our favorite ship. Just because it is the oldest ship in the fleet does mean a lot. She has been well maintained. There are plenty of activities to keep everyone busy and happy.

We took the 4 day on Fantasy over spring break with our 15 year old, and he had a blast. He found a group to hang out with both in and out of O2, and we rarely saw him outside of port. 24 hour pizza and ice cream are really all a teenage boy needs.

Fantasy is also our favorite Carnival ship. Heading out on her in a few days. We took my youngest daughter, when she was a teen, several times. She had a great time and kept in touch with a few friends she met in O2 for a while. Mobile is a lovely city and very friendly. The crew and officers on board are the best!