Carrying Soda on Board

57eric

If you've brought your own soda, is it bad form to drink it outside your cabin, e.g. on deck? What about in the buffet?

Thanks.

I wouldn't worry about it. While I personally would not take it into one of the dining rooms, it's your soda, drink it where you want to. It's really nobody else's business.

Tom

If you've brought your own soda, is it bad form to drink it outside your cabin, e.g. on deck? What about in the buffet?

Thanks.

I drink my soda all over the ship. I see no issue with it if I did the leg work to bring it onboard. I don't think that bothers anyone.

On our April cruise I brought DDP in bottles and Diet Coke in cans for the girls (these were the forms that were on sale in Ft. Lauderdale). They took them anywhere they wished, including the dining room and were always provided with a glass of ice. Tacky? Maybe. DDP is not available on the ship at any price and Diet Coke at the grocery was 1/6 the cost of cans on the ship. I had happy girls. The cruise had already broken the bank!

Just a thought for consideration. We found for us the small 7 ounce cans are the easiest to carry on and the easiest to carry around the ship. Also, no waste or storage of partials needed, you can finish the entire can.

On our April cruise I brought DDP in bottles and Diet Coke in cans for the girls (these were the forms that were on sale in Ft. Lauderdale). They took them anywhere they wished' date=' including the dining room and were always provided with a glass of ice. Tacky? Maybe. DDP is not available on the ship at any price and Diet Coke at the grocery was 1/6 the cost of cans on the ship. I had happy girls. The cruise had already broken the bank![/quote']

Tacky? I wouldn't think so. Not really anybody else's business what drinks the young ladies had.

Tom