MAJESTIC PRINCESS - 24th August - Shanghai to Sydney

Elsie, Us and Australian, and two USB beside the bed. You wont need an adapter if you dont have much to charge.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Dear Chezanandy,

Thiank you so much for your great posts wish we had also taken this cruise, but look forward to joining the Majestic in Sydney

Sounds like your sail into Sydney will be amazing

Regards, Chris and Heather

A ship that does that route on a regular (save cyclone season) basis.:D:D

Exactly! I remember when I first cruised that route thinking it was more beautiful than most cruises which I had done overseas. I lived on the balcony, facing the Coast the whole way, identifying landmarks.

They have opened up all tne balcony dividers today for maintenance...here a pjc looking forward from ours, you can see the difference in size. We have no access between 9am and 12pm......but i snuck out!!0f9d0ec3cb97d8eb320e4050ab97dee9.jpg

Good for you taking the opportunity to take that great unique photo. Can you please explain the difference in size, as I couldn't see it.

The seadays are* gliding by and melding* into one as we make our way to the Majestics new, if only temporary home. The scenery of islands, sand bars and reefs has been stunning as we sail downunder.

The ship finally has a rhythm now that was missing at the start, it is strange to explain.

Its like everyone has become one, settled happy and going about their day, unlike the beginning where there was tiredness, frustration and a feeling of the unknown.

We know we are coming home as the water colour changed to a deep turquoise as we rounded the tip of Australia, the ship began to have a slight roll that we havent felt this trip, finally we feel like we are on the water!!

It will be sad to say goodbye to the ones disembarking in Brisbane in a couple of days, we have made some great friends that have become part of our daily routine.

New cruisers will board in Brisbane and as we have experienced before, the rhythm of the ship will change again as they explore their new surroundings and begin their adventure and so it goes.......

Breakfast at the IC yesterday, lunch with friends in dining room. Made it to Vista for drinks as we had an early 6pm Dinner booked at Harmony.

What a lovely experience it was, just as a restaurant with a surcharge should be, great service, beautiful view from picture windows and good food.

We could hear a little noise from the Piazza, so can only imagine the sounds at Le Mer.

At the end of our meal, the two waiters came to our table, my first thoughts were "Andy has told them my birthday is in two weeks", but* they proceeded to tell us that friends had paid for our meal tonight. It was the most lovely surprise that bought tears to my eyes, so unexpected and appreciated.

They had snuck down when the restaurant opened. What great people we have met and hope to continue a friendships with.

We wandered from show to show but everythinng was so busy, we ended up in the buffet with a cup of tea where our table grew with people we had just met to ones we know.

We were up early this morning.....about 5am as I wanted to get some interior pictures of the ship. I love wandering about early morning, the cleaners are doing their chores to some piped music, the early risers are beginning to descend upon the coffee and tea stations and everything is clean and shiny.

We ended up at the Conservatory where yep......those cabanas were taken.

I spoke to a worker there who laughed and said " night management is looking into it" so my theory that they get there at night is right and others have complained.

We enjoyed a cup of tea in the big chairs looking starboard side, out of the huge windows as the coastline passes by, we dont see this from our side, its mostly just sea now,* but great sunrises!!

Last formal night tonight, Captains farewell, the balloons are up ready for drop, and another lazy seaday ahead.

Perhaps if you click on the photo then zoom in, the first maybe 3 or 4 cabins, i am standing in ours, are larger, then the rest are regular size, you can see the railing and how the chairs just fit.

Good for you taking the opportunity to take that great unique photo. Can you please explain the difference in size, as I couldn't see it.

Great stuff, I totally know what you mean about the ship getting into a rhythm and how it will change again when getting to Brisbane. Can I suggest you just go with the flow and please don't begrudge the excitement of the new passengers. I have seen some do this and it is not pretty or polite.

Over and out from us, big thanks to Cheznandy for helping us all with their great review......we are just finishing packing now and leaving early tomorrow for the Sydney hotel....will meet up with some of you at the meet n greet on Sunday!...I have no internet on my phone so will catch up with any late posts on here on a ships computer , once aboard...thanks to everyone for making this a happy place to be over the past weeks....cheers S&D:):)

Definately not my style, but you havent met me yet!

Great stuff, I totally know what you mean about the ship getting into a rhythm and how it will change again when getting to Brisbane. Can I suggest you just go with the flow and please don't begrudge the excitement of the new passengers. I have seen some do this and it is not pretty or polite.

Have a great cruise Sandy!

Over and out from us, big thanks to Cheznandy for helping us all with their great review......we are just finishing packing now and leaving early tomorrow for the Sydney hotel....will meet up with some of you at the meet n greet on Sunday!...I have no internet on my phone so will catch up with any late posts on here on a ships computer , once aboard...thanks to everyone for making this a happy place to be over the past weeks....cheers S&D:):)

Sandy, if you see us come by and say hi, I think we have met before haha, somewhere maybe Brisbane?

Anyway we are in E412.

Cheznandy, thanks so much for the info you have posted - really helpful, as well as very interesting. We are in the throes of packing to board on Thursday. Yayyyyyy!

Sandy and Tony (sandielle and tateyama)

Brisbane is going to put on a beautiful mild Spring Day for you, on Thursday - 12 to 25 sunny.

I liked the way you captured the change in group dynamics as passengers got in to the rhythm of a long cruise. That is one of the reasons I love longer cruises.

You have given a lot of pleasure, by sharing your experiences, checking out the new ship and answering questions, to all those who are about to cruise on the Majestic Princess.

(PS I'll ask my daughter how to increase photo size, so I can identify the different sizes of the balconies.)

Bon Voyage, see you in a while.

Thanks, I have really enjoyed it, the free internet helps, so thanks Princess.

Andy reads alot and when we were travelling Australia I did a travel blog mostly for his mum who was ill and has since passed, but it is a good way to remember.

Helping others has always come natural, and being a sharer, maybe to much at times haha!! But learning not to expect the same from others took awhile!

Thanks for reading and commenting, i have met a few on this ship who love the smaller ships like yourself, our friends from Kauai being one of them.

Brisbane is going to put on a beautiful mild Spring Day for you, on Thursday - 12 to 25 sunny.

I liked the way you captured the change in group dynamics as passengers got in to the rhythm of a long cruise. That is one of the reasons I love longer cruises.

You have given a lot of pleasure, by sharing your experiences, checking out the new ship and answering questions, to all those who are about to cruise on the Majestic Princess.

(PS I'll ask my daughter how to increase photo size, so I can identify the different sizes of the balconies.)

Cheznandy

We have to thank you for the posts. We've been following your posts with great interest as we will doing the Sydney to Hong Kong cruise in March 2019.

We are looking forward to you posting your experience in Brisbane. Hope you have an absolute fabulous time on the remaing time on your cruise. And thanks again!

Bon Voyage Sandy and Dave, above all enjoy and plenty of cocktails and dancing.:*:hearteyes: