If u could only do 1 specialty dining on allure for dinner

Just off Allure from last week.

We LOVED Giovanni's. Best meal all week. But Samba Grill and Sabor were also outstanding. Chops was very good, Izumi was fun but too salty. Johnny Rockets...what is there to say?:D We did dine in American Icon one night and were very happy with it. I think I'd say that this was the best cruise, food-wise, we've done in quite a while.

We plan to go to Giovanni's and Sabor. Why do you say not for dinner, but lunch? What's the difference? Cost or ?

Cost is the reason I recommended Giovanni's for lunch and not dinner. Lunch is $15 and dinner was I think $30 or $35. It was the same menu. I found the MDR very good. I didn't find Giovanni's worth it to miss the MDR dinner. A good lunch was much harder to come by.

Well, I'm late to the party, but I vote for Central Park 150.

The food is fabulous and the experience is unique. I can get good Italian anywhere but this venue gave us an experience that is not duplicated anywhere around my home. We loved it! So much I would repeat in a heartbeat.:p

Out of the specialty restaurants we have done, we would rank them in the following order:

Chops - amazing service and amazing steak. Can't really fault anything from Chops.

Johnny Rockets (if that counts) Can't go wrong with a burger! Had a minor problem with service on one occasion.

Samba - nice food but service was a bit slower despite barely any custom.

Giovanni's - despite fantastic service, it was quite a forgettable meal really in comparison to Chops. No desire to go back.

Edited by rodenboy

Cost is the reason I recommended Giovanni's for lunch and not dinner. Lunch is $15 and dinner was I think $30 or $35. It was the same menu. I found the MDR very good. I didn't find Giovanni's worth it to miss the MDR dinner. A good lunch was much harder to come by.

On Allure lunch at Giovanni's is $20 now, so I figured $5 more would be worth it for dinner. I met a couple who did Chops and said it was horrible. I would be afraid to pay $39, plus maybe an upcharge for better meat and then be disappointed.

Food is very subjective though.

On Allure lunch at Giovanni's is $20 now, so I figured $5 more would be worth it for dinner. I met a couple who did Chops and said it was horrible. I would be afraid to pay $39, plus maybe an upcharge for better meat and then be disappointed.

Food is very subjective though.

Food is very subjective is the absolute truth. Izumi wins out for us in terms of specialty restaurants. Steak can be ordered in the MDR, even the better cuts of steak are available there for a small upcharge, but Japanese food is not on any menu in the MDR. You can find Italian food on the MDR as well.

If I am doing a specialty restaurant, it is something not available in the MDR, simple as that.