If u could only do 1 specialty dining on allure for dinner

One more vote for Giovanni's- As a matter of fact we will be going their on the OA in May:)

Don't miss the risotto!:)

I'd almost rather have that than another entree.

Edited by clarea

Put me down as Giovannis too. Ate there and it was great. Chops was good, but the menus have been downgraded and price jacked up since I went. I don't think Chops represents a good value anymore.

Totally agree. Too bad all the cruise lines are downgrading the foods in their SRs

Which one? We normally do chops but thinking maybe there is something better/more unique?

I am Mexican food obsessed so for sure I'm having lunch one day at Sabor? Is it

Giovanni's was really good but Izumi (not habachi) is our choice.

I'm going to go against the grain here.

Both my wife and I are steak junkies. We've had great service and steaks from Chops. Mind you, it has been almost 3 years since I was last able to cruise( becoming a Father got in the way).

That being said, our TA is throwing in a specialty dinner for our Allure cruise this coming August and I'd be surprised if we don't end up back at Chops.

For what it's worth, we did Giovanni's a few years ago( not sure if it was the Allure or the Oasis) and were underwhelmed.

Thanks. Constable145 did you ever have them pour a huge amount of sauce over your filet? that happened to us on Liberty and j was so upset. Why ruin a perfect filet? I know now To make sure it's on the side! Hmm I do love steak and seafood. we eat Italian a lot here in MD but I'll look at the menu.

Thanks. Constable145 did you ever have them pour a huge amount of sauce over your filet? that happened to us on Liberty and j was so upset. Why ruin a perfect filet? I know now To make sure it's on the side! Hmm I do love steak and seafood. we eat Italian a lot here in MD but I'll look at the menu.

Not a filet fan. I find them to have far less flavour then what I'm used to ( ribeye fan here). I get the sauce pour judicially on the side.

We just got off Allure on Sunday. Giovanni's was good, but not great. They serve almost the same menu for lunch for $15 pp. We had both lunch and dinner there on different days. If I had to do it again, I would not do dinner at Giovanni's, just lunch. The other restaurant we tried was Izumi. We had sushi one night and teppanyaki another night. We can get just as good Japanese at home. The one dinner we had a great time and was worth the $$ was the Chef's Table. It was beyond excellent.