STT/STJ Beaches Post Hurricanes

miss_rach

All,

WE get into POrt 1 Dec and was planning to catch the red hook ferry over to STJ but a few folks said that its really still in bad shape over there. THis will be our 4th time to STT and since it looks like STJ will out of the picture trying to find out if the beaches on STT are just as bad? If so looking for recommendations on what to do as we always go to the beaches and relax and swim/snorkel when we are at STT.

We realize the the Island is in bad shape but I'm sure someone can get us some points of what to do.

Cheers!

Here’s our story from St Thomas. Our editor went to Magens Bay: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8216

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow great to see that some of the island greenery has regrown and looks like business as usual. Looks like a busy day when we dock on December 13th so planning on a little shopping and beach stop. Thanks for the update.

I'm very interested in Coki.

As noted elsewhere the “Recovery Blog” on VInow dot com is a great source for updates on beach conditions, waterquality, and the status of hotels and resorts. You can rely on taxi drivers forinformation on what beaches have amenities, etc, but use this resource and others when it comes to waterquality and other safety concerns. Also, as another posted mentioned, water shoes are highly recommended as there is the potential for debris in the water from the hurricanes that could cause real harm.

The beaches currently making the “no swim” list areSecret Harbor, Water Bay, Coki Point and Brewer’s Bay. Frenchman’s and Morningstar have not yet been tested, andHoneymoon on Water Island is not included in this list.

So just check the latest updates on the blog before as you get closer to your cruise. :)

Here’s our story from St Thomas. Our editor went to Magens Bay: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8216

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. Do you have any information about what amenities are available? You mentioned drinks at the bar, but what about food? Also, can you rent lounge chairs and umbrellas? What about paddleboards?