iConcierge App - Epic - Confusion

ddlb

I hope I am correct in the way I understand the iConcierge app on the Epic.

1. You have to pay $9.95 per phone per cruise to text to each other on board only.

2. You do not have to pay the $9.95 if you don't want to text but you can still call home using the app. The calls cost $ .79 per minute.

3. Question - do the minutes start when the phone is answered at the other end. If not answered no charge?

4. This app has nothing to do with the free or purchased wifi packages?

5. Sometimes imessage works on iphones on board and texting to iphones back home with the free wifi - still don't know if this "glitch" was taken care of on all ships.

I think I understand everything but want to be sure. Thanks!

If, in #2, you are saying $0.79/min phone calls without paying the $9.95 fee, I'd suggest finding further info. I may have misread your statement. It may have simply been coincidence (since I had the paid version), but I thought that was a feature of the paid version. The time started once answered. This was 3 yrs ago but probably the same procedure.

The Android Hangout "portal" didn't work on Epic in Nov even though it worked on Dawn a year ago.

#4--nothing to do with internet purchase although if you had a Wi-Fi call app (Skype, Hangout, ...), you could use (try to use) internet time to use the calling app.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Edited by Rhea98

Messenger/Phone Features with Other Guests during your cruise (Nominal One-Time Fee During Cruise)

Phone Calling with Family and Friends Back Home (Nominal Per Minute Fee During Cruise)

Above is what the website states. So I interprete this to mean if you are using the messenger phone feature on board you pay the fee - but if you are calling home you pay a minute fee. Otherwise it would say additional nominal per minute fee right?

From experience I can tell you that the $.79 per minute calls did NOT require the registration fee.

Thanks for the confirmation! One question - can you also receive calls from home or just make them? Thanks! This is sure a lot better than having to buy an internet plan just to check in and make sure all is well at home.

Thanks for the confirmation! One question - can you also receive calls from home or just make them? Thanks! This is sure a lot better than having to buy an internet plan just to check in and make sure all is well at home.

The iconcierge documentation describes how others call you from home using your iconcierge phone number.

I only called my answering machine at home so I can not vouch for anything regarding incoming calls.