Trouble Booking 4 Guests in a Room on HAL's Website

boohoyal

Hello, I'm trying to compare prices on a few cruises for this summer and I'm having a hard time with the HAL website. Our party has 4 in one cabin and then 2 in another cabin. When I enter the 4 guests and attempt to click on what appears to be an available cabin, it says "Stateroom not available". I've tried all different types of cabins and I get this response each time. When I enter 2 guests, it does work all the way through to booking. I've been at this for about two weeks. I called Holland customer service and they didn't have any idea why I'm having a problem on the website, they said the cabins I'm looking at are in fact available for 4 guests, and they gave me prices for one of the ships/itineraries we are looking at.... so they solved my immediate problem... but we're actually trying to decide between a few different dates/ships/itineraries and I don't want to drag the poor guy on the phone through all these options. Is anyone experiencing problems trying to book 4 guests in a cabin on the HAL website?

Related question - does anyone understand the Explore 4 promotion for FREE OR REDUCED FARES FOR 3RD/4TH GUESTS ON SELECT SAILINGS. Which sailings are the 3rd and 4th guests free? The HAL representative said he didn't have that information... hence the reason why I want to hunt around on the prices!

Thanks for your help! I appreciate this valuable resource!

Hello, I'm trying to compare prices on a few cruises for this summer and I'm having a hard time with the HAL website. Our party has 4 in one cabin and then 2 in another cabin. When I enter the 4 guests and attempt to click on what appears to be an available cabin, it says "Stateroom not available". I've tried all different types of cabins and I get this response each time. When I enter 2 guests, it does work all the way through to booking. I've been at this for about two weeks. I called Holland customer service and they didn't have any idea why I'm having a problem on the website, they said the cabins I'm looking at are in fact available for 4 guests, and they gave me prices for one of the ships/itineraries we are looking at.... so they solved my immediate problem... but we're actually trying to decide between a few different dates/ships/itineraries and I don't want to drag the poor guy on the phone through all these options. Is anyone experiencing problems trying to book 4 guests in a cabin on the HAL website?

Related question - does anyone understand the Explore 4 promotion for FREE OR REDUCED FARES FOR 3RD/4TH GUESTS ON SELECT SAILINGS. Which sailings are the 3rd and 4th guests free? The HAL representative said he didn't have that information... hence the reason why I want to hunt around on the prices!

The best thing to do is look at the deck plans. There aren't a lot 4 person cabins so they are easy to find ;). Not sure why you are having issues but the best thing to do is find the cabins you want first and then...you can skip the 4 person thing if you take advantage of the Explore4 promo...

For the 3rd and 4th guests free, just click on the Explore 4 promo and it lists the sailings - as well as shows the "special" deals on the left hand side at the top of the sailing. Click on it and it clearly identifies all the benefits for each sailing.

then you can call your TA, PCC/HAL and ask for the full details and book if you are so inclined.

I'll try to help...

With the 4 people in cabin: You may be trying to put 4 people into a 2 or 3 person cabin. What ship? What Category Stateroom/Cabin? What stateroom(s)/Cabin(s)?

On the deck plans for each ship's cabins/staterooms, there should be a square, circle, triangle or blank (no symbol), The symbols stand for number of guest sleeping capacity. I cannot find any of the deck plans I used to have for the ships (they'd be outdated now anyway so..) Blank (no symbol) means only 2 guests. I do not remember what the triangle means, for sure, but believe it stands for 3 guests and square would be for 4 guests.

I cannot find the deck plans on HAL's site anymore. My suggestion is to try looking at the HAL Facts web site under the Ship you are interested in.

Their site is run by several Cruise Critic members and can be found here http://www.halfacts.com

Be aware that the number of guests per cabin/stateroom does not matter if the guest is 1 day old or 100 years old. If they are alive they are a guest. (Hope that makes sense?)

OK, that is the only question I can answer for you.

Joanie

Great info - thanks! I found the deck plans and I see that the cabin I'm trying to book has a square, so it should work with 4 people. And it does look to be available on this sailing, but it just won't let me book with 4 guests. I think the poster VennDiagram is right that the website just doesn't allow you to book 4 guests in a cabin. Thank you for all your help!!

Great info - thanks! I found the deck plans and I see that the cabin I'm trying to book has a square, so it should work with 4 people. And it does look to be available on this sailing, but it just won't let me book with 4 guests. I think the poster VennDiagram is right that the website just doesn't allow you to book 4 guests in a cabin. Thank you for all your help!!

On the website, under "cruise details" did you remember to go back and change the number in the box from 2 to 4? This happened to me. I forgot to change the number of guests, hence it wouldn't allow me to book 4. Just a thought......

In this circumtances,I would use a PCC to compare various pricings on vrrious sailsins ands then make the best booking with that PCC in order to assureww the booking is entere correctly and smoothly. Why spsend so much time on your own if someone can do it for you?

On the website, under "cruise details" did you remember to go back and change the number in the box from 2 to 4? This happened to me. I forgot to change the number of guests, hence it wouldn't allow me to book 4. Just a thought......
I agree that could be the problem. I tried a dummy booking on the K'dam for May, choosing quad A4119. It asked me to enter the info for four guests.

Just to clear up any misinformation, you can definitely book 4 in a cabin online - I've done it over 20 times for our family. Just need to make sure you change the "default" setting of two per cabin to four, and, once selected, it will then only show you cabins which will accommodate four persons - those marked with a square.