Semi Live: Sunshine small fire 8.27.16

MaraBerk

¡Hola from St. Thomas!

On Saturday there was a code alpha announced. We later learned someone threw their lit cigerett overboard and it landed on a 6FL balcony. It caught fire to a towel on a lounge chair. The fire was immediately put out and an investigation began. The party responsible was put off the ship in our first port, Puerto Rico, on Sunday. No one was harmed.

I haven't noticed the overcrowding or smells reported. I'm staying in 8328 and have family scattered around decks 9, 2, and 6. Everyone is happy with their rooms and service. Although, I've heard there are some rowdy passengers staying on deck 6, but I haven't had an encounter with them.

We later learned someone threw their lit cigerett overboard and it landed on a 6FL balcony. It caught fire to a towel on a lounge chair. The fire was immediately put out and an investigation began. The party responsible was put off the ship in our first port, Puerto Rico, on Sunday. No one was harmed.

Out of curiosity, how did you get all these specifics? Was this announced by the CO or CD?

I did not know there was another thread.

The info I received with details about the fire was through the CD.

The info regarding the removed party was hearsay. Their "alleged" neighbor confirmed the story and said the parties involved were removed in Puerto Rico.

¡Hola from St. Thomas!

I haven't noticed the overcrowding or smells reported. I'm staying in 8328 and have family scattered around decks 9, 2, and 6. Everyone is happy with their rooms and service. Although, I've heard there are some rowdy passengers staying on deck 6, but I haven't had an encounter with them.

We stayed in 8328 on 8/1-8/9! LOVED IT!!! Juan was the BEST room steward! Have a great time, and enjoy the view!!!

I'm glad they put the party off the ship, if it is true. I don't think any cruise line takes the no smoking on balconies seriously enough. Maybe now they will. I am not anti smoking, but the dangers of a fire due to smoking is really scary. I reported a guy a couple of times who would stand right below our balcony on deck and smoke his pipe and then empty the ashes over the side of the ship. I reported him twice. Unfortunately I kept seeing him all through the cruise.

Edited by Steve and Sharon

We stayed in 8328 on 8/1-8/9! LOVED IT!!! Juan was the BEST room steward! Have a great time, and enjoy the view!!!

DH loves 9C's so we rarely cruise without one. We booked 8333 for next year-it was the last one available.

I was on Legend and at embarkation there is no smoking as they are fueling. I saw a young guy smoking on an upper deck. There were no ash trays in sight. I asked what he was going to do with his cig, put it in his nearly gone drink? No, "I'm just going to throw it overboard." I told him he cannot throw it over or anything else and explained the danger. He was in fantasy land.

Nothing to do with the fire but I was wondering I'm in 8332 in January how the noise was at night

We heard no noise. I'm extremely greatful for that because I heard too many complaints about kids this trip. I've never heard so many passengers complain, especially about the same thing. I was told kids were running amuck all hours, playing tag in hallways, banging on stateroom doors, removing breakfast tags, switching signs from "snoozing" to "crusining", and just being plain disrespectful. I've read post and reviews about kids taking over ships and was glad to have never had that experience-we always cruise late August. I guess another perk of being so far aft is kids being too lazy or uninterested in traveling that far to terrorize other passengers