Jewel Solarium Hot Tubs

Hello there knowledgeable people of CC!!

We are going on Jewel of the Seas in January because our Adventure cruises got canceled. :loudcry: We have been on Serenade of the Seas (in 2009) but have never been on Jewel. We are huge fans of sitting in a hot tub in the Solarium every day after being out on the island. I am wondering if there is more than 1 hot tub in the Solarium on Jewel?

If I'm looking at the website right, it seems as if there is only 1 on Jewel. If that is the case, does it get really crowded? On Adventure, there are 2 of them and even with 2, they often get crowded. I'm just wondering as I look forward to our cruise :D Thanks for any info you guys may have!

We are going on Jewel of the Seas in January because our Adventure cruises got canceled. :loudcry: We have been on Serenade of the Seas (in 2009) but have never been on Jewel. ...

With the exception of a few food venues, you will find Jewel virtually identical to Serenade in 2009.

We are going on Jewel of the Seas in January because our Adventure cruises got canceled. :loudcry: We have been on Serenade of the Seas (in 2009) but have never been on Jewel. We are huge fans of sitting in a hot tub in the Solarium every day after being out on the island. I am wondering if there is more than 1 hot tub in the Solarium on Jewel?

If I'm looking at the website right, it seems as if there is only 1 on Jewel. If that is the case, does it get really crowded? On Adventure, there are 2 of them and even with 2, they often get crowded. I'm just wondering as I look forward to our cruise :D Thanks for any info you guys may have!

As others have said, there is only one, and while its been 3 years since I have used it, my biggest complaint was they closed it and the pool around 10-11pm.

Time of day, and other passengers will determine how "crowded" the hot tub is! Varies from day to day and sailing to sailing. We noticed that the enclosed solarium on Radiance class wasn't as heavily used as open-roofed solariums.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Is the roof closed all the time in the Solarium, or would it be open when doing caribbean sailings? Also, if it's closed do they heat the water?

No, it is not closed all of the time. It is closed while the ship is sailing but open when it is in port. Or at least this was our experience last January. The water in the Solarium was very warm and comfortable.

Is the roof closed all the time in the Solarium, or would it be open when doing caribbean sailings? Also, if it's closed do they heat the water?

I've seen it open, but most of the time it's closed. I don't think the water is heated, other than by solar radiation.