What to do? Western Caribbean 10/14-10/21

Medic31525

Hello and thanks in advance for your responses. We are cruising in 15 days out of Port Canaveral and going to Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay and Costa Maya. We have a decent size party involving 7 adults, a 15 year old, a 10 year old and a 2 year old that is easy going and potty trained. Looking for ideas of things to do in these ports of call. we have been to Cozumel and went to mr sanchos for a honeymoon but the other ports are brand new to everyone in our party. Plan on doing excursions in 2 ports and then "free beach days" in the other 2. We have no excursions booked yet. Your ideas our greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hello and thanks in advance for your responses. We are cruising in 15 days out of Port Canaveral and going to Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay and Costa Maya. We have a decent size party involving 7 adults, a 15 year old, a 10 year old and a 2 year old that is easy going and potty trained. Looking for ideas of things to do in these ports of call. we have been to Cozumel and went to mr sanchos for a honeymoon but the other ports are brand new to everyone in our party. Plan on doing excursions in 2 ports and then "free beach days" in the other 2. We have no excursions booked yet. Your ideas our greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Im leaving on Magic next Saturday the 7th out of PC and we have been diverted to the same ports. We were supposed to go Eastern but.

The only thing I have planned right now is the Best of Roatan tour with Victor Bodden. You pay 30.00 per person and you have your own personal guide for the entire day. I highly recommend it. We did the same tour last year and really enjoyed it. We are just gonna have him take us different places this time.

Little French Key in Roatan is amazing, kids and adults will enjoy it. Google it and take a look, it was one of the best days we have ever had on a cruise. littlefrenchkey dot com

If you are looking for "free" beach days, as in not paying up front for a beach club - the best 2 options are in Roatan and Costa Maya.

In Roatan, when you dock at Mahogany Bay, you can walk right to the beach at the port. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe there are any charges for the loungers. Floats are around $6 for the day, and drink prices are close to what they are on the ship.

In Costa Maya, take the $3 per person shuttle to Mahahual, where there are many places along the Malecon. My favorite is the Tropicante. There is no admission fee, and you pay cash for food and drinks (Beers were in the $3 range, and Mixed drinks around $5). They have chairs and loungers at no cost, and also the cheapest massages we have seen in the Caribbean ($20 per half hour). Taxi ride back to the port wil be $2 pp.

For excursions, Cozumel has just about anything you can think of -- my two favorites there were the Atlantis Submarine, and also racing the America's Cup sailboats.

In Belize, I would recommend a snorkeling adventure, or cave tubing, or ziplining, or just staying on the ship and having another sea day.

Im leaving on Magic next Saturday the 7th out of PC and we have been diverted to the same ports. We were supposed to go Eastern but.

The only thing I have planned right now is the Best of Roatan tour with Victor Bodden. You pay 30.00 per person and you have your own personal guide for the entire day. I highly recommend it. We did the same tour last year and really enjoyed it. We are just gonna have him take us different places this time.[/quote

Thanks. Do you think a 2, 10 and 15 year old would enjoy this?

Little French Key in Roatan is amazing, kids and adults will enjoy it. Google it and take a look, it was one of the best days we have ever had on a cruise. littlefrenchkey dot com

This place looks amazing. Definitely an option Thanks!

If you are looking for "free" beach days, as in not paying up front for a beach club - the best 2 options are in Roatan and Costa Maya.

In Roatan, when you dock at Mahogany Bay, you can walk right to the beach at the port. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe there are any charges for the loungers. Floats are around $6 for the day, and drink prices are close to what they are on the ship.

In Costa Maya, take the $3 per person shuttle to Mahahual, where there are many places along the Malecon. My favorite is the Tropicante. There is no admission fee, and you pay cash for food and drinks (Beers were in the $3 range, and Mixed drinks around $5). They have chairs and loungers at no cost, and also the cheapest massages we have seen in the Caribbean ($20 per half hour). Taxi ride back to the port wil be $2 pp.

For excursions, Cozumel has just about anything you can think of -- my two favorites there were the Atlantis Submarine, and also racing the America's Cup sailboats.

In Belize, I would recommend a snorkeling adventure, or cave tubing, or ziplining, or just staying on the ship and having another sea day.

Great info! Thanks!

Coz - Maybe Passion Island or just going into town (San Miguel). Teens may not like Nachi Cocum, and that is similar to Mr. Sancho's.

Roatan - I always avoid the Carnival free "beach" and opt for LFK, Maya Key, or Tabyana Beach (my fav)

Belize - tough to figure with 2 yr old, most of the best excursions there involve a long bus or speedboat ride.

Costa Maya - avoid the immediate port area, and take a shuttle or cab to Marahuel, maybe a 5 minute ride. Enjoy the beach, lunch and $25 hour long massages..

We are also on the Magic with you. We were looking at doing the Island Tours with Rotan Ocean Adventures. What I like the best is that the tour goes to the Iguana Park and the Monkey & Sloth Habitat. From what I understand you can touch and hold the monkeys & sloths. There are also Macaws and Parrots. I'm wanting to do that. Bet your kids would love that too. The cost for the Island Tour is $45 per person (probably less for kids, didn't check that) and is for about 3 hours. It has the sightseeing for the adults and the animals for the kids.

Also, if you aren't on it be sure to check out our roll call on here!

Cozumel - Isla Pasion with Lunch

Belize - Starfish Island with Lunch

Mahogany Bay - Get yourself a Cabana or a Villa

Costa Maya - Lost Mayan Adventure Park

We agree. Went there once, just the 2 of us. Had a great time. Friends cruised with us later and we recommended to them. The 6 of us went and the friends were blown away.

In Costa Maya, take the $3 per person shuttle to Mahahual, where there are many places along the Malecon. My favorite is the Tropicante. There is no admission fee, and you pay cash for food and drinks (Beers were in the $3 range, and Mixed drinks around $5). They have chairs and loungers at no cost, and also the cheapest massages we have seen in the Caribbean ($20 per half hour). Taxi ride back to the port will be $2 pp.

This what we do and love it. We don't spend any time in the port other than to walk out to the shuttles and back through from the cab.