New menu in the main dining room?

snoope

Thanks so much for posting. We are on the allure next week and I’m guessing the new menus will be there. I’m with skiiergirl, the menus needed some updating. Some old and seems like some new. We shall see!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I am extremely happy that everything is on the menu at one time. There are 2 issues this will solve for me. First, we don’t have to wait forever to order coffee and/or dessert. Many nights, it’s an extra 45 minutes just for dessert. The second issue is, I will know whether or not I will have room for dessert. Many times in the past, we are just to full for dessert but still like coffee. I think this a huge improvement. I do agree with someone else that mentioned there are no more chilled soups. I think that’s one of the best appetizers. Oh well....

Does anyone know if these new menus are on Freedom? I'll be on board next month and as a vegetarian the old menus looked a little more promising with things I could eat. If all else failed I was gonna get the linguini. These new menus seem to have less options. Plus I don't eat cheese and so many vegetarian options have cheese 😣

Does anyone know if these new menus are on Freedom? I'll be on board next month and as a vegetarian the old menus looked a little more promising with things I could eat. If all else failed I was gonna get the linguini. These new menus seem to have less options. Plus I don't eat cheese and so many vegetarian options have cheese 😣

Depending on the cheese, it may be possible to order without cheese. We were able to special order a few things to fit the kids' tastes. Hopefully there will be easy options and your waiter will be helpful in getting you things you want.

Depending on the cheese, it may be possible to order without cheese. We were able to special order a few things to fit the kids' tastes. Hopefully there will be easy options and your waiter will be helpful in getting you things you want.

Thank you! I'm hoping so. It will be my first cruise eating this way so fingers crossed.

• 1 month later...

I think they are always looking to change things put and they wa t to save $

I do not like that yo have to pay for xtra in the main dining room to get a steak that is tacky

They are cutting back in choices

As they want to save $$$$

I do The menu that is always there every night so you know you can always get the salmon the chicken baked potato usual. If they don’t have it I like to eat I will just tell them all I want and I asked look at the menu for the next night to make sure there something that I will like the main problem I usually have is that the food is cold that is my main complaint

Noticed escargot as a starter on all the menus-- our last cruise, (4.5 years ago), escargot wasn't available-- some kind of harvesting issue. My DH was disappointed, since a running joke in our family from when my girls were young & would ask about dinner, our reply was "snails on toast" & we wanted to order it at least once to make them try it.

However, if I'm reading the menu correctly, that was not one of the gluten free options, & one DD needs to be gluten free. Can you tell me what made it that way? Did it come with bread or a bread crumb topping?

Thanks!!

Not sure if this is helpful, but I am GF (celiac) and vegetarian. I often asked about the markings; somethings weren't marked as veggie or GF (like chilled fruit soup) and totally were, and one night, there was a shrimp dish marked as veggie (clearly it is not). Check with your MDR waiter and let them know she is GF; they may tell you it is already GF, or they will often be able to make it for you GF (in my case, leaving the croutons off a salad one night, or leaving the bacon off of something to make it vegetarian). The earlier you are able to let them know, the more effective they can be.

Looks interesting. Our next cruise is Oasis so will be interested to try these menus.

However, do you now have to order dessert at the same time? I don't like that at all

That seems to be the major change with the newest menu.

We were on Freedom OTS 1/28/18 to 2/17/18 and yes, the new menus were there. Generally do not like them because they tend to lower the quality of the food offered. My best example would be the night there are 3 dishes ending in "loin" on 1 menu...c'mon Royal you can do better than that! The ship is sailing out of Florida now with mostly Americans aboard...when do we ever see "loin" on a restaurant menu...

The ordering of dessert with starter and main course is intended to cut time in MDR to 1.5 hours...hope that doesn't mean the goal is to have 3 dining times in MDR.

There also appears to be a plan to move My Time Dining from deck 5 (smallest floor space) to deck 3 (largest floor space) in the works on Freedom.

Anyone have an update as to the different ships this has been rolled out too? Sailing on Enchantment of the Seas next week so if anyone has seen it specifically on that ship please let me know! Thanks

New menus are still only on Oasis and Harmony.

Edit. Just saw they were added to a Freedom.

We were on Enchantment first week of January and it was the old menus.

Anyone have an update as to the different ships this has been rolled out too? Sailing on Enchantment of the Seas next week so if anyone has seen it specifically on that ship please let me know! Thanks
Am on Enchantment currently and they have new menus. Am doing a live review and posting them nightly.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

I wonder if this will be rolled out across ships in Europe.

I am sailing on the Symphony in May! I remember seeing on Harmony posts from the Europe itineraries that Lobster was available. I also recall on my Med sailing on the Adventure that there was lobster and steak on formal night.

I am not a lobster fan myself, but this will be my boyfriends first cruise, and i have been raving to him about the food!!! We have Wonderland booked for one night, but may venture to the Windjammer if there is nothing special!!!

Does anyone know if they offer the tuti salad bar on Oasis

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. In the MDR on sea days. Also saw a sign in the WJ for Tutti salad but saw no salad setup when I went to the designated area. But it was toward the end of lunch and might have been taken away.