New menu in the main dining room?

snoope

.......Looking forward to ultimate dining pkg on SOS :) /QUOTE]

Unfortunately that is what they were hoping for. In that the main reason DW and I cruise RCCL instead of other lines is we liked the traditional dining and the food in the mdr if what I’m hearing is true we’ll probably end up trying a different line for our next cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Because unlike you, some folks were clamoring for a change.

Nope.

$

Fewer, less expensive options + cruisers switching to specialty restaurants = $ added to bottom line.

After our last cruise with the new menu, our already booked Anthem cruise will be our last on RCCL unless there are no other cruises that meet our criteria.

We don't order dessert on land

What I like from the new menu is that you can now order dessert at the same time, not what we do in land but service is faster and I’m for that

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thanks for taking the time to post the new menus.

We are cruising with RC in September, after being away for a few years. We loved the spice themed menus that changed each evening. We were really looking forward to the MR and I too loved those cold soups.

I will be making some intineary changes for our port days now that I have this information. No need to be back for dinner if the menu barely changes from evening to evening, we will just stay ashore on the late departures and enjoy the local cuisine. I can see now why so many people have expressed their desire to eat in the speciality restaurants.

Very disappointed with the new menus. But more importantly we noticed the staff not changing the tablecloths if they “looked clean”, just putting down new silverware when new people were seated at breakfast and lunch. Disgusting! Good way to spread noro.

Very disappointed with the new menus. But more importantly we noticed the staff not changing the tablecloths if they “looked clean”, just putting down new silverware when new people were seated at breakfast and lunch. Disgusting! Good way to spread noro.
What ship?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Guess I’m in minority but I enjoy the menus. I was getting tired of the spice menus that they used for many years. My experience on b2b cruises in March/April is that they switch them up a bit.

I like that dessert is on the main menu. It cuts down on delays that used to occur. I like that they brought back old favorites like vidalia onion tart, duck, rack of lamb, and others.

What ship?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Saw it mostly on Grandeur, but Adventure too. Have also sat down at tables with linen stains. Was told the tablecloth had been laundered but stains would not come out. Server blamed management saying that they do not wish to use stained linens but it is all they have. Very disappointing. Not a way to save $, in my opinion.

• 5 weeks later...
So, one fun fact... our first waiter was disgruntled the second night, and I think someone complained. Third night we were told he was sick, and we never saw him again? Not that I condone this, but it was interesting?

The same happened too us on Vision of the seas some years ago..

Yes, the waiters can be very hit or miss. We were on b2b cruises for 19 days in March and every single night after asking, our waiter had to go back to the kitchen to find out what the ice cream of the day was (my dh loves his ice cream). We thought by day 5, he might have the info for us.

That being said, there’s so much to love about Royal Caribbean that we’re fairly loyal. While the food may not be outstanding every night, it’s so much better then the meals we have at home. PLUS no cooking! Some meals are great, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

I am lost, because the start date of this thread was 12/10/17 and the menus that I found on Royal blog from 7/7/16 https://www.******************.com/2016/07/07/spotted-new-main-dining-room-menu-royal-caribbeans-oasis-of-the-seas

as new & they are different did they go back?

Looks like beef tenderloin gone!

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Forums mobile app

We were on Oasis last fall and can't remember if we had the new menu. We had it in April on Grandeur and food was a little better, which has been our experience on GR anyway, but not great. They do have the onion tart again, but took off a lot of favorites. DH loves the fruit soups and only it was only on the menu one night.

.......Looking forward to ultimate dining pkg on SOS :) /QUOTE]

Unfortunately that is what they were hoping for. In that the main reason DW and I cruise RCCL instead of other lines is we liked the traditional dining and the food in the mdr if what I’m hearing is true we’ll probably end up trying a different line for our next cruise.

Take with "a grain of salt" what some cruisers post. There are good choices on the daily menu and even the windjammer offers a variety and a quiet experience in the evening. Tried it once last cruise and there were lots of crab legs for example as one of the choices.

Hi there, this October will be my first cruise ever and was previously under the impression the boats were buffet, all day every day. I was very pleasantly surprised to find this "MDR". The menu looks enticing, how is the food quality? I read a few pages from here and there seems be a consensus that the "old menu was better" ... but as mentioned this will be my first cruise so I don't really have any standards to compare it with. I just hope it's yummy!

I eat, a LOT. Just for arguments sake, I can technically order "everything" on the menu? Or are there restrictions, like only 1 appy, 1 entree, 1 dessert? Would it be awkward and rude to order 1 appy, 3 entrees and no dessert? Will they ask you to finish 1 dish before you add more?