Can I order a bottle of vodka for the room

jchill

Disclaimer that this was 2 years ago on our last cruise, but yes! I called in to NCL and asked for Bar Setup in the room. We paid $100 for a bottle of vodka and maybe $80 for rum that was in the room when we arrived along with a couple of cans of pop as like a mixer. At the time, you could still bring in canned drinks so we bought Red Bull and Coke saved a crap ton of money!

I know you can no longer bring in your own canned drinks, but I would call in and see if they still offer bar setup and get the current pricing.

I believe you have to buy/arrange it PRIOR to sailing - so if you want to do it, book it before getting on the ship.

Enjoy your cruise!

-ie

• 10 months later...
Disclaimer that this was 2 years ago on our last cruise, but yes! I called in to NCL and asked for Bar Setup in the room. We paid $100 for a bottle of vodka and maybe $80 for rum that was in the room when we arrived along with a couple of cans of pop as like a mixer. At the time, you could still bring in canned drinks so we bought Red Bull and Coke saved a crap ton of money!

I know you can no longer bring in your own canned drinks, but I would call in and see if they still offer bar setup and get the current pricing.

I believe you have to buy/arrange it PRIOR to sailing - so if you want to do it, book it before getting on the ship.

Enjoy your cruise!

-ie

Has anyone recently bought the Bar Setup and what where the options/prices?

Sorry for the few questions I posted on this topic. Thanks.

For my October sailing out of NYC I did order a 1 liter bottle of Grey Goose, (not flavored), with 3 mixers and 3 garnishes, $130. Don't look at me like that, I'm on vacation!

Plus a 20% beverage service charge fee Im sure? Did you get charged $7.95 room service also?:confused:

For my October sailing out of NYC I did order a 1 liter bottle of Grey Goose, (not flavored), with 3 mixers and 3 garnishes, $130. Don't look at me like that, I'm on vacation!

No issues....I might go for it next time..

I ordered bottles of Jack and Bacardi to my room on Princess and saved a boat load of money. The bottles weren't too high priced from the liquor store prices, maybe $10 more. I had the UBP on NCL this time so no need.

I ordered bottles of Jack and Bacardi to my room on Princess and saved a boat load of money. The bottles weren't too high priced from the liquor store prices, maybe $10 more. I had the UBP on NCL this time so no need.

Maybe that is the case on Princess, but a bottle of vodka in the gift shop on NCL (which you get either the last night or disembarkation morning) is around $15 and a bottle to your room will be $100+/- depending on brand.